What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All contacts Gone on my ipad2

bodeacostin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is nothing more to say! All gone! Does anyone knows a sollution to this problem? How stupid is to buildn tablet that has this king of errors ! One day i will start my tablet only to find that i have nothing on it!

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is nothing more to say! All gone! Does anyone knows a sollution to this problem? How stupid is to buildn tablet that has this king of errors ! One day i will start my tablet only to find that i have nothing on it!

Did you synchronize with your computer and not check the sync box for contacts in iTunes?
Re sync with iTunes and make sure this is checked.

OP
B

bodeacostin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing in searchbox!and i dont know what you ment by user error , i saw a lot of posts with same problem over the internet ! If you want to take my word please trust me i did not touched anything that could have erased my entire adress book , with mails and other detailes!

I will syncronize my ipad but since i bought it i did that 2 times so that was a few weeks ago it still means a lot od lost data!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't address your actual problem, but most of us choose to sync our contacts online. Because it is automatic it means if/when the iPad has problems all our contacts are safe and easily recovered.

Google is probably the easiest of the services to set up, and free. In order to use Google contacts with the iPad you need to set it up as an Exchange account, not the standard GMail one. If you are interested, the iPad setup instructions are linked below. It won't help this time, but it could save you from a next time.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing in searchbox!and i dont know what you ment by user error , i saw a lot of posts with same problem over the internet ! If you want to take my word please trust me i did not touched anything that could have erased my entire adress book , with mails and other detailes!

I will syncronize my ipad but since i bought it i did that 2 times so that was a few weeks ago it still means a lot od lost data!

Try connecting to iTunes.
Make sure you check off to sync your contacts and let us know what happens.

OP
B

bodeacostin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry but youre not helping me, i know that i can syncronize with i tunes or google the real problem is that i cant, i have no backup in them.Did the ipad erased my contacts or just dosent show them is there a way to acces them from the ipad or something.is there a application for recover the contacts? From now am i supposed to charge my i pad , syncronize my ipad ... And the fun stuff is that the ipad it dosent chage with my laptop so i have to do it separately

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Your not helping yourself really, you crossposted the same thing with little to no information in, so making it difficult for people to help you diagnose.
There is nothing more to say! All gone!

When people do try to help you brush them aside.

Sorry but youre not helping me,
Take a deep breath and a step back and allow people to help you, give us more information and answer their questions, somebody will hopefully be able to help.

OP
B

bodeacostin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no more information to give.i saved a contact , contact book closed by it self ,when i opend the contact everything was gone.
Syncronization its out of the question because i sync it after the delete of contact book and the only sync i can do now is after the delete.
Sorry if i am frustrated but it really is a shock i worked on my adress book a lot !

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no more information to give.i saved a contact , contact book closed by it self ,when i opend the contact everything was gone.
Syncronization its out of the question because i sync it after the delete of contact book and the only sync i can do now is after the delete.
Sorry if i am frustrated but it really is a shock i worked on my adress book a lot !

That explains things a bit better.

Your thread says you lost all your contacts.
Are you saying that not only the new one is missing but everything else?

Have you called Apple?
You are under warranty.
They will likely walk you you through a reset of your iPad.
Make sure you synchronize with iTunes prior to calling so you can restore all your stuff once done.

That is a much better fix in my opinion.

OP
B

bodeacostin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes every contact i had in contacts book is gone!i am from romania and the ipad 2 officialy arrived here so i bought my ipad from the US .so i hit another problem :(
The i tunes allready backup the ipad after the contacts were gone so that is another thing i cannot count on :(

Most reactions

Latest posts