What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All About Music And Recording

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still waiting for despatch confirmation from Amazon for my irig ( coming from a company called stock unlimited ha ha) I'm starting to wish I had bought it from the Apple store where it is in stock, although 17 quid more expensive. I have everything else here. Frustrating!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
Still waiting for despatch confirmation from Amazon for my irig ( coming from a company called stock unlimited ha ha) I'm starting to wish I had bought it from the Apple store where it is in stock, although 17 quid more expensive. I have everything else here. Frustrating!

Great to see your thread doing well Jeff, I'm sending any new musician members your way!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:

It's instock from Amazon "proper", why not cancel and reorder from them?

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
incapete said:
It's instock from Amazon "proper", why not cancel and reorder from them?

Got the dispatch confirmation, should come tomorrow!

Jeff

rayrat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering how much memory you guys have with your Ipads? I'm about to buy one and was going to get the 32gb model, but am wondering how much memory tracks for Garage Band, etc. take up. Do I need the 64gigs?
Thanks and nice to see this musical section here on the forums!

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering how much memory you guys have with your Ipads? I'm about to buy one and was going to get the 32gb model, but am wondering how much memory tracks for Garage Band, etc. take up. Do I need the 64gigs?
Thanks and nice to see this musical section here on the forums!

Performance will be the same with both versions, the 64gb model will just let you store more songs on the iPad before running out of room. 32gb should be enough to hold a lot of songs.

Having said that, I bought the 64gb version because I also keep a lot of video and photography on my iPad.

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GarageBand is not the best app at sound modelling. If you can, I recommend Amplitube. You need the irig kit and guitar cables also, but it's worth it

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cleaned up? What was offensive?

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahh, very true, it should be self explanatory really, it might take off or slide, just an idea. Like the glass avatar !

willywonka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Yamaha keyboard. It has both USB and earphone connections. How do I go about recording to the IPad2 or can I record at all? Thanks

Reaction score
willywonka said:
I have a Yamaha keyboard. It has both USB and earphone connections. How do I go about recording to the IPad2 or can I record at all? Thanks

Well, if the USB connection is a MIDI connection, than you can just connect the USB cable to the camera connection kit and have Garageband record the sound. This is how I record from a Kawai ES6.

Or you could buy something like an iRig and connect that to your earphone keyboard connection to record.

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guitar link which is a usb cable interface for pc that you can get of ebay lot cheaper than irig works through the camera kit and a usb powered hub, also if you have the a usb to midi, i have a brienger not how its spelt but not far of, that to will work with keyboard but has to be powered through a powered usb hub, they have no software to install on computer its built into the devices, both these are for PC but work with ipad useing a powered usb hub into the camera kit usb.

Most reactions

Latest posts