What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alesis IOS dock

Ronaldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there,
I have had my eye on the Alesis IOS dock for a while now. I never thought about asking musicians here on iPad Forum if you have and use one?
I have heard some horror stories about the iPad 3rd. generation not really fitting properly and that you have to shim it and sometimes it doesn't work.
Can anybody elaborate on this?
I would like to know if it Is worth the money to record my band with.
Thanks

limey222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no problem if you use the alesis ipad 3 adapter, it becomes part of the i/o dock once installed. I have two of them, however I've just bought the ipad4 so now i'm screwed because of the lightning connector

OP
R

Ronaldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
limey222 said:
no problem if you use the alesis ipad 3 adapter, it becomes part of the i/o dock once installed. I have two of them, however I've just bought the ipad4 so now i'm screwed because of the lightning connector

That blows.
So can you tell me when you were using it, were you happy with the all around functionality?
Did you mainly use it with GarageBand or something different.
I appreciate your input.

limey222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it worked well with Garageband. there's another App called Auria. Search for the Drumagog site, choose the forums tab and select Auria.
there are some posts there that talk about the Alesis unit. The midi worked with most ipad instruments.

OP
R

Ronaldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
limey222 said:
it worked well with Garageband. there's another App called Auria. Search for the Drumagog site, choose the forums tab and select Auria.
there are some posts there that talk about the Alesis unit. The midi worked with most ipad instruments.

Thanks dude.

Blastingas10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What size Is the USB input on the dock? It's looks like it's that little square side, rather than the standard pc size.

limey222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blastingas10 said:
What size Is the USB input on the dock? It's looks like it's that little square side, rather than the standard pc size.

There is only one USB port, its the midi port, takes the standard square end of a regular USB cable

Blastingas10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well my midi keyboard doesn't have the same size USB jack on both ends. The end that goes IMO the keyboard is a smaller, more square size. The other end is the same size that was fit into the wall plug-in of the ipad or iPhone charger.

Most reactions

Latest posts