What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Album Covers

timg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I am a new user to the ipad3 , I have put all my music through the iTunes match, my iPad doesn't retain all the album covers. Anyone now how I can do this asi'm stuck.
Thanks in advance Tim

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually if iTunes doesn't match me with album art i just bite the bullet and get the album art off google and add it to the track manually. Can take a long time if you have a lot of tracks that don't match but for me i find its worth spending the time.

Qwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually if iTunes doesn't match me with album art i just bite the bullet and get the album art off google and add it to the track manually. Can take a long time if you have a lot of tracks that don't match but for me i find its worth spending the time.

How do you add it manually?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Right click on the song and choose edit. It's the last tab and you copy and paste the cover art there. When you sync to iPad, it will sync the art as well

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol. Yes, I have 20 GB of songs and I've done a lot of cover art. I'd hate to have to do it all over again

DanBarraclough04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Right click on the song and choose edit. It's the last tab and you copy and paste the cover art there. When you sync to iPad, it will sync the art as well

You can do this as a group of songs too by ctrl left clicking too and then doing what you said :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have iTunes set to show the album cover in the lower left corner, you can bypass the Get Info dialog. Artwork can be drug to/from or copy&pasted there with one or multiple songs selected.

Sometimes when iTunes adds album artwork to ripped CD's, it only adds it to the first song. In that case you can select that song, right click and copy on the album, select all the other songs, then right click and paste.

Works on the Mac, anyway. I won't guarantee it will works for the Windows version.

Last edited:
OP
timg

timg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for the help &advice, I have the album art work on my MacBook pro but when synced to my ipad3 some albums are missing. I have the problem of getting these onto my iPad as I can't seem to do this from my iPad?

Thanks again Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just keep synching. This happened to me but perseverance is good. Add another song to your 'playlist' and it should work. I've not had problems for ages though.

Most reactions