What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Album artwork gone after updating to ios5

Supermac96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I just finished the update which went through with no problems but all my album artwork is gone on the ipad. anyway to fix this? when the next update comes out will it automatically put the artwork back on? I know I could delete and sync music back but I have music from friends computers as well as my own and it would take a while to put it back on.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mines too on my iPod touch

OH, that is painful to hear! :( All of my music is on my iPod Touch (2G) - will probably buy the next one released - should come of course w/ iOS5 - but I would hate to lose the album art which I spent much effort adding and getting onto my present iPod!

Not sure that I can help at the moment but will anxiously await subsequent posts for a solution(s) - sorry for your problems - good luck! :)

Ingoiolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very interested in some smart advice.

I not only have lost the above, but also all iBook and video covers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
S

Supermac96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so last night I connected my iPad to the computer for I think the 3rd time since the update and it did its normal thing you know backup, sync a photo album I had checked, didn't do anything else with it. Then I unplugged it and looked through my music and all the songs that I had on my computer had there album art back. It he ones that I got off my friends don't though so I'm hoping that if I plug mymipad into their computer it will give me the art back for the songs I got from them! So I would suggest just keep plugging your iPod/iPad into the computer and just let it do it's thing and after a few times maybe your art will come back too!

pedroab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The same thing happened on my ipad 2. After a long time trying i discovered that i only had to click on the album in itunes, and then copy and paste the cover on the bottom left of the screen, which shows the album. Simple and easy when you know how to do.

saintchoco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pedroab said:
The same thing happened on my ipad 2. After a long time trying i discovered that i only had to click on the album in itunes, and then copy and paste the cover on the bottom left of the screen, which shows the album. Simple and easy when you know how to do.

Please explain in more detail are you doing this on your iPad2 only? I tried from my iPad and it's not working help?

pedroab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please explain in more detail are you doing this on your iPad2 only? I tried from my iPad and it's not working help?

Actually, it works on ipad 2...but also on ipod touch 4 generation. I will try to explain more detailed. On your music library, open an album which is without artwork.
After that, click the space that should be showing the artwork on top of the screen. Now, open the folder on your computer where the artwork is ( you should search it on google and save it on your computer before that ) and drag the artwork to iTunes, where it should appear in the lower left corner of the screen.

well, that was enough to solve the problem on my ipad and ipod.

i hope I have helped you.

PS: I'm sorry for any error in language, i am not american.

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
pedroab said:
Actually, it works on ipad 2...but also on ipod touch 4 generation. I will try to explain more detailed. On your music library, open an album which is without artwork.
After that, click the space that should be showing the artwork on top of the screen. Now, open the folder on your computer where the artwork is ( you should search it on google and save it on your computer before that ) and drag the artwork to iTunes, where it should appear in the lower left corner of the screen.

well, that was enough to solve the problem on my ipad and ipod.

i hope I have helped you.

PS: I'm sorry for any error in language, i am not american.

I'm going to try this today! Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts