What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ala Moana Bowls Surfing Contest Streamed Live to Your iPad From Hawaii

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

The Sponsor Me Hawaii Ala Moana Bowls surfing contest yesterday achieved the accolade of being the world’s first live-action sports IP backhaul HD broadcast, streaming simultaneously on both the iPad and the iPhone, as well as on the Internet and cable.

During the live broadcast and simulcast, accessible via surf.transworld.net, pro-surfer Sunny Garcia said, “This is one of the most hyped contests I have ever been a part of. I can’t believe Sponsor Me has the contest on the iPad and iPhone. This is huge for the surf industry.†Professional Sports Caster Greg Tomlinson also said, “The live contest stream on my iPhone is unlike anything I have ever seen. The clarity is amazing.â€

This year’s Sponsor Me Ala Moana Bowls Event is drawing big-name pro surfers such as Garcia, Makua Rothman, Jamie O’Brien, Roy Powers and Poncho Sullivan. Day one of the contest on June 15th went off without a hitch, and will forever be in the record books as the world’s first successful IP backhaul live broadcast. “Finally technology has caught up with reality. It’s great to be part of this game-changing HD broadcast,†said contest co-founder Chris Carmichael.

If you’re sorry you missed out on the first-day action from paradise, fret not, Day Two will also be shown live in HD on the iPad and iPhone, Internet and cable, starting at 7 a.m. Hawaii time, weather conditions permitting of course!

Source: Sponsor Me

Most reactions