What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

airprint

jgbeach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
having a problem my ipad sees my printer but it has a lock by it which is requiring a username and password which I do not have or ever had I am using windows 7 . Does anyone have any ideas...thanks!

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my windows xp I go to control panel,user accounts and turn on or enable the guest account,then reboot.

roygpa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Windows 7 and had the same password problem and enabling the guest user account got me past the password. Still won't print but I am one step closer.:)

Roy

roygpa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reinstalled the printer driver, then realized the printer was offline because the cover door was open ever so slightly. I can print now to an HP 6800 series but the computer must be on.

OP
J

jgbeach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for your help

I tried the guest approach and it worked fine..but that was a hassle during logon. I found a program on windows 7 that will allow auto logon with a password. the program is netplwiz, just hit the run command enter the program name..in the user's tab uncheck the box and follow instructions..works great

emfung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The "Guest Account" trick works.

Remember to restart the Computer first...

guarddog13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution

having a problem my ipad sees my printer but it has a lock by it which is requiring a username and password which I do not have or ever had I am using windows 7 . Does anyone have any ideas...thanks!

All ur printer is asking for is your computers logon and user name...go to Control Panel>add or remove user accounts>set a password for your administrator>when your ipad asks for the info user name is your Adminstrator login and the password is now what you use to login into the adminstrator...for some reason airprint requires this info and it's a slight hassle but it worked for me good luck.

Mixz1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Enabling the Guest Account in Windows is NOT a good idea. Log in to the printer with the same credentials you use to log in to Windows.

Most reactions