What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirPrint Stopped Working

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just when I was thinking that it wasn't so bad spending $100 on an AirPrint compatible printer, that I didn't otherwise need, just to get simple, trouble free printing, it stopped working!!!!

I have printed one document this morning, then nothing. The printer diagnostics are good and the printer is available for selection on the iPad. When I try to print something, nothing happens, not even an error message.

Has anyone else had this problem?

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just when I was thinking that it wasn't so bad spending $100 on an AirPrint compatible printer, that I didn't otherwise need, just to get simple, trouble free printing, it stopped working!!!!

I have printed one document this morning, then nothing. The printer diagnostics are good and the printer is available for selection on the iPad. When I try to print something, nothing happens, not even an error message.

The answer seems to be to turn off the iPad (not just go to sleep mode) and restart it.

Before doing this this, I was able to ping the printer using iSSH with my NAS as the scripting host, so it was definitely available on the network. It would seem that the iPad had somehow lost the connection. Absolutely no indication from the iPad that there was a problem though.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

The answer seems to be to turn off the iPad (not just go to sleep mode) and restart it.

Before doing this this, I was able to ping the printer using iSSH with my NAS as the scripting host, so it was definitely available on the network. It would seem that the iPad had somehow lost the connection. Absolutely no indication from the iPad that there was a problem though.

I have since discovered the Print Center. I think that there was a job in the print queue that was either taking a long time to print or was stuck inn the queue (that's another story). When cleared it from the queue the next job printed.

Most reactions

Latest posts