What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirPrint help

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its asking me to input username for kodak printer I am using and a password what would that be?

Computer username & password or something else?

Also how do I set it to guest I am using a vista laptop

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes computer user name and password

Or enable guest mode on laptop and you wont get the name/password prompt..you don't have to be logged in as guest just have it activated....

To enable. Control panel, user accounts, manage another account, guest account, turn on

OP
I

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brilliant thank you very much, much appreciated.

I just tried it and worked but it won't work unless I click on a program I found on the Internet. Anyway I can do it without having to go into that program all the time?

Last edited:

fergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i use airprint i need airprint.exe runnung and i have to be logged in on my windoz 7 pc,no big issue for me.

OP
I

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i use airprint i need airprint.exe runnung and i have to be logged in on my windoz 7 pc,no big issue for me.

Its a real pain to put the pc click on AirPrint.exe to print from my iPad I may aswell print from my pc.

But I would like to print from my iPad rather than going through all that.

Any idea BrennB?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm put a link to airprint.exe from your program files into the startup folder. That way the program is running as soon as your turn on your PC.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't there anyway of printing from the iPad without turning the pc on?
Certainly not when using the Airprint.exe solution. And you should not have to manually start it... if setup correctly it will be loaded every time the PC starts up.

If you have one of the--relatively few--directly-supported printers you don't need the PC on.

Michael

Most reactions