What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airport security iPad

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As others have posted, I too have flown a bit with both my laptop and iPdad.
I made it my business to ask if I needed to also pull out iPad as with laptop.
I did this in at least four airports and most recently, twice with iPad2.
All responded the same.
The answer is no.

Seems the consensus is it is solely due to how slim the device is.

Maximushaydos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just coming back from the united states on holiday I was told to take it out and have it scanned in the tray the provide. I was also told it depends on what other items you have in your bag if theybask you to take it out. I had my iPhone, psp go and all relevent cables so I was told to get it out for scanning.

82west

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flying from Orlando to Miami to Madrid to Toulouse and reverse I never took the I pad out of my carry on. I saw it on the tsa screen out of the corner of my eye in Miami and it looked like the scanner saw right through it. I will say not all TSA check points are on the same page.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
82west said:
Flying from Orlando to Miami to Madrid to Toulouse and reverse I never took the I pad out of my carry on. I saw it on the tsa screen out of the corner of my eye in Miami and it looked like the scanner saw right through it. I will say not all TSA check points are on the same page.

Was your iPad facing up or down? If it was facing down, and the scanner saw eight through the aluminum back, that's quite an impressive scanner! Or did you have it glass side up and what you saw were the iPad internals aka battery?

Most reactions