Airport City - Friends request

Discussion in 'Friend Requests' started by skale87, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Nicola90

Nicola90 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Add me

Add me please - Nicola90
  2. Pmtoon

Pmtoon iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Add me free gift everyday ----->>>Pmtoon
  3. jimghjj

jimghjj iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hi,I'm currently level 17 and play 5 times a day. Please add me jimghjj. I would like whiteboard,power source and insulation,failing those fuel supply is always handy.
    I'm adding as many of you as I can daily. Let me know what you need and I'll get it to you fast if I can send it. Let's help each other to progress as I for one am not willing to pay the rip off prices for buying add ons in this game! Thanks for your help!
  4. jimghjj

jimghjj iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0

I've added you hawke,jet engine on the way to you!
  5. jimghjj

jimghjj iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Added you.let me know what you need.
  6. marsm

marsm iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    @Hawke - I really like the way you've designed your city... very smart and "open"... looks like I have some work to do this weekend :)
  7. HawkeAnyone

HawkeAnyone iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks guys (Marsm, jimghjj, etc.).

In regards to the layout, I've discovered really quick that by arranging and clustering certain buildings, you do the least amount of work and avoid the "over-touch"... this especially happens on the residential buildings. Say there's only 4 slots left in the Terminal to fill. Well, if you have a Side-Wing House (+2) next to a Manor (+9), you tap the side-wing, and... oh no! Fat finger! I hit the Manor too! Nooooo! *grumble* It takes all 9 passengers, but only registers 2... because you can't internally overfill the terminal. So you wasted 7 passengers. This gets especially painful when it's a Studio (+36) next to a Cottage (+1).

Commercial buildings, just jam 'em all in there! :)

Besides, my first neighbor on here (other than the AI) is a real pro. She has an incredible layout that puts the AI to shame! I don't want to broadcast her name, but if you ask privately, I may convey it. Otherwise, the other guy who has taken the layout to the extreme level (and made me kinda jealous, because he's really raking in the coins) is "Snailerz" (I broadcast his name because he found me on these forums).

Item Trade Update:
    I no longer need Do Not Disturb Signs!! Thank you to those who sent them over, and continue to do so -- it's appreciated. Now, I need towels, disposable shampoo, and All-inclusive bracelets (for the Hotel, still). Also, if you happen to be enabled to send them, I need Reinforced Frames, Triple Wires, and Transmitters (for the Level 3 Fuel Station). I am dreading what fiendish items will be needed for the Level 4 Control Tower.

Thank you for the advanced parts (jet engines, fuel supplies, fuel additives, etc.).

I don't want to sound crass, but here's my new disclaimer -- if you send me cockpit glass or paint cans, you will get cockpit glass and paint cans back. Haven't you read any of my previous postings / rants about the superfluous, low-level junk that everyone has??! Now, if you send me an advanced item, I will _assume_ that you could use that as well, so I'll reciprocate and send one back to you... unless you've stated on here your item needs therein I will make every effort to supply (provided the game designers allow my account those items... I'm noticing they don't "spread the wealth" amongst all players. Lukas47 has towels, and has become my new best friend).

I wouldn't hold anybody to this, but my gift-giving advice is... unless the recipient has stated what they need, take a visit to their city and look right at the runways. They're numbered 1-5, indicating what level of tech the mayor/marshal is at. If they've got a Level 3 runway, try to send them parts for Level 3 aircraft... they could always use those. If you send cockpit glass (Level 1 part and as common as dirt), it's kinda irksome. Again, I don't want to sound crass and unappreciative, but until the game designers put in a "cash surplus parts in" option, it just piles up in my warehouse next to the copiers, air conditioners and computers (must be Compaqs).

Trade Items Available:
    Since the game designers seem to have hamstrung certain accounts to only be able to trade certain items (*shakes fist at sky*), I'm listing what I have available:
    Do Not Disturb Sign, Fuel, Air Conditioner, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Landing Lamp (needed for Bali), Radar, Passenger Group 10, Powerful Radio Transmitter (needed for Malta), Flight Helmet, Fuel Supply (needed for San Francisco), Jet Engine, Stapler (green, not red), Fuel Additives (needed for London), Power Source, Additional Radar (needed for Singapore), Amperemeter, Spare Wire (needed for Sydney), Laser Cutter, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering (peanut-free), annnnnnd Packaging Module.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  8. emma2518

emma2518 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please add me, I play several times a day but am quite new, emma2518
  9. emma2518

emma2518 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the add :)) any words of advice? I stupidly saved for a hotel not knowing that I would need those extra bits tho it seems im not the only one to do that! So what am I best saving for next to up my income x
  10. BMT387

BMT387 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please add me BMT387. Currently level 18

I currently need a calculator and insulation. I play quite often and have lots to give away.
  11. redoctober

redoctober iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    > AKA McFarren Air

I've tried to accept everyone who has "friend" me but its hard to keep up!

I know what Hawke has said is quite logical and true about giving/receiving but honestly - for me, I'm finding it hard to remember who needs what and its a pain to refer to this site for the list. My apologies to everyone in advance if I haven't given what you needed. Good tip about looking at the layout to see what is on the runway - I'm going to do that.

Thanks to everyone here I'm 1 text book away from my flight school YIPPEE
    For the hotel - I need 4 disposable shampoo and 3 DND sign and I'll have my HILTON

(Going on a real vacation starting tomorrow so, I'm not sure how often I'll be playing for the next week or so)
  12. HawkeAnyone

HawkeAnyone iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hang(ar) 'em High!

If you have the opportunity to do it, and are about to build a hangar, try to build the highest level one you can (Level 4 is 8000, Level 3 is 4000, Level 2 is 1200, Level 1 is 100). I know the construction time hampers your flights and income ability during that time, but I've found it is worth it in the long run. Why? Because even a Level 1 aircraft can occupy a Level 4 hangar. When you no longer need that aircraft, trade it in / cash it out, and you've already got the new hangar built for the next level of aircraft!

There will be a quest / mission (around Level 16-18) that that snide Mr. Wulf will put you on (The Egyptian Puzzle) that will require you to use a Power Prop and fly to Egypt a few times. I had already cashed in my Power Prop and my Level 1 hangar in favor of Turboprops and Level 2's. So instead of building another Level 1 hangar, I built a Level 3 hangar and bought a Power Prop (stupid cheap), completed the mission to find the puzzle (took 4 flights, it'll vary), then held on to the little bug a while longer, just to make sure. Had it keep going to Egypt in the meantime, making money... Sure enough, after you get all the Candles from the stores (10 of those), you have to fly that ignoramus back to Egypt!!! So once I was paid for that, I cashed in the Power Prop and bought a Jetliner to occupy the now vacant Level 3 hangar.

As of right now, there are a pair of quests -- one is to outfit 3 Jetliners, the other for 4 Jetliners (and yes, they piggyback) -- and am I building any more than two Level 3 hangars? Nooooooo. I'm building Level 4's! Stick Jetliners in 'em, get the payoffs, and then selling 'em for Delta / Widebodies.

Another piece of advice is to pursue, rabidly if you have to, getting the Stewardess Collection and the Lost and Found Collection... many many times over. The Stewardess Collection is especially helpful because it gives you the Business Class Bonus, which doubles your income from flights for a six-hour timespan. Use it strategically, and a dozen well-timed flights can bankroll an advanced structure (20,000 coins for a tower?! Really?!).

Lastly, if you stumble upon a quest that requires you to go to a neighbor's city to do pickups of/for items, then by all means... _build one of those structures as well!_. Why? Because your neighbors will be comin' to you to find those same items! And when they do, to make their trip worthwhile (and get Reputation Hearts), they'll collect from other structures, and you'll get a cut of it as well.

Begin back scratching.
  13. jimghjj

jimghjj iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Items needed update

For terminal level 4 I need shredder,stamp,cash counter and server rack

For repair base level 3 I need insulation

I can always use fuel supply if these aren't available to you.
    Thanks!
  14. Pmtoon

Pmtoon iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    add me ------> pmtoon
  15. marnie45

marnie45 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Add me Hotspur Airport
  16. Richard agung

Richard agung iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi .... My id is richard agung
    Pls add
    I'm level 15
    If u need something, i will send if i have
    Thanks
  17. Benny1986

Benny1986 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    add me please,daily player
    Benny1986
    thanks
    if possible send me "text book "
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  18. marsm

marsm iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    My next round of gifts will soon kick in, so will try and accomodate the requests above.

I need one sodding calculator and I've flown above a dozen flights to Thailand to get it - if some can send me one, that would be awesome.

Then, like jimghjj, I need to finish my terminal (level 4), so I need shredders, stamps, cash counters and server racks.

Marsm is my Airport name.

Richard, Benny and Spurs; I've friended you a few minutes ago.

Cheers.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  19. jimghjj

jimghjj iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I've added you marsm. Server racks on the way,tell me when you've got enough of them.
  20. jimghjj

jimghjj iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Added you just now. Textbook on the way when your on my list.