What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airport City - Friends request

redoctober

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please add me...I'm McFarren Air

I play every day, 5+x/day

Trying to build my flight school - need text book, goggles and helmets

Trying to build hotel- need shampoo and DND sign

I can give DND sign and slide rule

Thanks

What I find frustrating about this game is that you spend coins to upgrade/build THEN you find out you need stuff and have to wait!!! ERR

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll add you tomorrow McFarren Air - I've exceeded my invites for one day.

And yeah, I hear you - you spend the cash, and then find out you're missing like 10 items that take days, if not weeks, to get. I'm so tired of flying to one destination over and over again with the hope of getting an item - tedious stuff :)

HawkeAnyone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This isn't the first Merry-Go-Round...

Think like the game designer / developer...

They want to make money -- at least without making it infuriatingly obvious.

So we build each of these structures, only to be faced with the nearly insurmountable challenge of... finding four cheap shampoo bottles.

The friend-sharing system is rather helpful, especially now that we've got a network going (I went from 3 friends to 15 friends in a day? Thanks guys!), and to answer someone else's question -- the friend-visiting system works just as you thought, with visits allowed at any time and item pick-up limited to five items in a 24-hour period. The more reputation (hearts? Ooookay) you get, the more friends you can pick up from in your visits. Pick-ups are both ways beneficial. If someone picks up from you, you get a "I wuz here!" flag on your city, and upon tapping it, you get an item too.

If you look in the Collections treasure chest, you start to figure out the puzzle -- you have to assemble pieces and items into arrays that then either grant you a timed bonus or a structure (the Pet Shop, etc.) or a super-bonus. I'm not speaking down to you guys -- I'm sure you've figured this out for yourself... but the thing that is missed is that some of these items are easier to find by visiting friends and doing pickups (sports bag, anyone?). Then too, if you strategically use your timed bonuses, such as SpyGlass, with dispatched trips to a destination, you dramatically increase your chances of getting that item that is driving you freakin' nuts!!! Of course, the game developers are a crafty lot with what must be a euphoria derived from making people go crazy, so they limit the help that we can give each other (don't let the mice conspire against the cats). What I'd really like to crack is the algorithm they employ to drop items from flights. I mean, I need a Bali surfboard, and out of sixty flights there, all I get are paint cans and copiers??? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!

Please use this forum to forewarn others, too, about what particularly tough items-to-find you've been faced with when building more advanced structures. That Hotel is looking like a confab of misery (those stupid shampoo bottles), but I'm sure we'll pull together. And if any of the game designers happen to browse through this forum, could they (you) please take a suggestion? Build in a means of cashing in surplus items, even if it's 1-5 coins per item -- I've got enough welders and air conditioners already.

Getto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please add me to friends. Nickname: Getto
Daily Player!!

jimghjj

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,I'm currently level 17 and play 5 times a day. Please add me jimghjj. I would like whiteboard,power source and insulation,failing those fuel supply is always handy.
I'm adding as many of you as I can daily. Let me know what you need and I'll get it to you fast if I can send it. Let's help each other to progress as I for one am not willing to pay the rip off prices for buying add ons in this game! Thanks for your help!

jimghjj

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HawkeAnyone said:
Please feel free to add me: Hawke

I can see we have some committed (or obsessed, you choose) Air Marshals here (all Level 19+? Niiiiice)!

I can also see that most of you are quite conscious of keeping your cities and airports efficient -- without having to splurge with the cash and coins. If you take a look at my city, I can honestly assure you, I've only made _one_ reload of Airport Cash at $9.99 with their weekend special. This is more because I've needled out every quest and task possible, thereby getting bonuses.

So, there are some items we should start exchanging to keep each other going! Put your item requests up here in the forum, please. If you could take a second and explain what/where they're used for, it will definitely help others who are about to obtain a building without knowing the parts involved (which has happened to me plenty of times).

For the Hotel (coin-income structure): DND Signs (x4), Bath Towel (x4), Disposable Shampoo (X4), All-Inclusive Bracelet (x4) -- Anything you guys can send, please do!

For the Fuel Station, Level 3 (airport structure): Reinforced Frame (x6), Triple Wire (x6, have 1), Transmitter (x6) -- Flights to Rio and friends are the only way to get these!

Repair parts: I'm running low on Jet Engines.

Parts-to-trade: I've got an overabundance of Paint, Generators, Cockpit Glass, Welders, Slide Rules and Flight Goggles (for the Flight School! You'll need 'em), Air Conditioners, and Computers

I've added you hawke,jet engine on the way to you!

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@Hawke - I really like the way you've designed your city... very smart and "open"... looks like I have some work to do this weekend :)

HawkeAnyone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys (Marsm, jimghjj, etc.).

In regards to the layout, I've discovered really quick that by arranging and clustering certain buildings, you do the least amount of work and avoid the "over-touch"... this especially happens on the residential buildings. Say there's only 4 slots left in the Terminal to fill. Well, if you have a Side-Wing House (+2) next to a Manor (+9), you tap the side-wing, and... oh no! Fat finger! I hit the Manor too! Nooooo! *grumble* It takes all 9 passengers, but only registers 2... because you can't internally overfill the terminal. So you wasted 7 passengers. This gets especially painful when it's a Studio (+36) next to a Cottage (+1).

Commercial buildings, just jam 'em all in there! :)

Besides, my first neighbor on here (other than the AI) is a real pro. She has an incredible layout that puts the AI to shame! I don't want to broadcast her name, but if you ask privately, I may convey it. Otherwise, the other guy who has taken the layout to the extreme level (and made me kinda jealous, because he's really raking in the coins) is "Snailerz" (I broadcast his name because he found me on these forums).

Item Trade Update:
I no longer need Do Not Disturb Signs!! Thank you to those who sent them over, and continue to do so -- it's appreciated. Now, I need towels, disposable shampoo, and All-inclusive bracelets (for the Hotel, still). Also, if you happen to be enabled to send them, I need Reinforced Frames, Triple Wires, and Transmitters (for the Level 3 Fuel Station). I am dreading what fiendish items will be needed for the Level 4 Control Tower.

Thank you for the advanced parts (jet engines, fuel supplies, fuel additives, etc.).

I don't want to sound crass, but here's my new disclaimer -- if you send me cockpit glass or paint cans, you will get cockpit glass and paint cans back. Haven't you read any of my previous postings / rants about the superfluous, low-level junk that everyone has??! Now, if you send me an advanced item, I will _assume_ that you could use that as well, so I'll reciprocate and send one back to you... unless you've stated on here your item needs therein I will make every effort to supply (provided the game designers allow my account those items... I'm noticing they don't "spread the wealth" amongst all players. Lukas47 has towels, and has become my new best friend).

I wouldn't hold anybody to this, but my gift-giving advice is... unless the recipient has stated what they need, take a visit to their city and look right at the runways. They're numbered 1-5, indicating what level of tech the mayor/marshal is at. If they've got a Level 3 runway, try to send them parts for Level 3 aircraft... they could always use those. If you send cockpit glass (Level 1 part and as common as dirt), it's kinda irksome. Again, I don't want to sound crass and unappreciative, but until the game designers put in a "cash surplus parts in" option, it just piles up in my warehouse next to the copiers, air conditioners and computers (must be Compaqs).

Trade Items Available:
Since the game designers seem to have hamstrung certain accounts to only be able to trade certain items (*shakes fist at sky*), I'm listing what I have available:
Do Not Disturb Sign, Fuel, Air Conditioner, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Landing Lamp (needed for Bali), Radar, Passenger Group 10, Powerful Radio Transmitter (needed for Malta), Flight Helmet, Fuel Supply (needed for San Francisco), Jet Engine, Stapler (green, not red), Fuel Additives (needed for London), Power Source, Additional Radar (needed for Singapore), Amperemeter, Spare Wire (needed for Sydney), Laser Cutter, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering (peanut-free), annnnnnd Packaging Module.

Last edited:

emma2518

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please add me, I play several times a day but am quite new, emma2518

emma2518

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the add :)) any words of advice? I stupidly saved for a hotel not knowing that I would need those extra bits tho it seems im not the only one to do that! So what am I best saving for next to up my income x

BMT387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please add me BMT387. Currently level 18

I currently need a calculator and insulation. I play quite often and have lots to give away.

Most reactions

Latest posts