What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airplane USB charger?

CPGoldstein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi friends,

Is there such a thing as an airplane charger usb adapter where I can charge my ipad via the 2 prong ear piece on the chair arm? I'm headed to San Diego for a week when school is over and then two weeks later to Europe and I don't want to run my battery down.

Thanks!

-CP

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not that I know of. Ask your Apple store or call 1-800-MYAPPLE and ask them. Since the iPad battery lasts about 10 hours, you should be ok. You can check that you don't have a lot of apps running too, just like checking on the iPhone.
Many planes now have USB ports at each site. Just check your airline and flight info. I know you can check with on Delta flights.

Last edited:

Tsuintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Charging through the headphone connector??? Haha! Not likely.

Reaction score
Even if there where such a headphone adapter, would it just not charge your iPad. Those aren't meant to supply 2amps.

There is however, always the possibility of flying first class on airlines, which support charging of electrical devices.

Last edited:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
There is however, always the possibility of flying first class on airlines, which support charging of electrical devices.

It depends on the airline. On Singapore Airlines, I've charged my iPad on both economy (Airbus A380) and business class (Boeing 777 and Boeing 747-400) -- http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/exp/entertainment/pc.jsp??v=1340266229&

But it is a separate electrical charger port, not the same as the headphone jack outlet.

Most reactions