What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air print

Bluebell46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I live in England and am a retired secretary. Not very conversant with computing but am trying to join the 21st century with my iPad2. Don't understand iOS, not much about Apps. but happy to surf the net and send e--mails at the moment. My problem is printing. My HP printer is compatible with Apple but I haven't worked out how to connect the two.

any advice in words of one syllable would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

garanth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Your Ipad should detect your airprint printer automatically if it is on the same network. Go to the following Apple support Link for full explanation and 'How To'

iOS: AirPrint 101

OP
B

Bluebell46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I had tried following the instructions but my iPad could not find the printer. However, I have tried it again and it works! Magic!!

Most reactions