What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air print from iPad air

Psionpete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a Cannon printer with air print capability. Until last weekend it worked fine from my iPad air but now my iPad cannot see the printer. When I try to print it asks me to select a printer but after looking for it, it says it cannot find one.

I also have an iMac and an iPhone which still print Ok.

I cannot see anything in settings which could affect the air printer. Has anyone seen this problem? And how can I see the printer again?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Just for starters, power recycle your modem, router, & printer (i.e. turn off the power, wait a little while, then power up the modem, router, & printer in that sequence); also, 'Reset' your iPad (hold both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then release both and wait for the device to reboot). No guarantees but often correct this kind of issue. Dave

OP
P

Psionpete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, that was very useful, resetting the iPad did the trick. Thanks again.

BlackCat89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had the same problem with my iPad Air. I've reset the iPad, power-cycled the printer and router together, and still can't get the iPad to recognize the printer. My HP laptop has never not recognized the printer, so I know to only print from that computer if I don't want any problems.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure the printer's firmware is up to date. Sometimes this causes problems with printing.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've had the same problem with my iPad Air. I've reset the iPad, power-cycled the printer and router together, and still can't get the iPad to recognize the printer. My HP laptop has never not recognized the printer, so I know to only print from that computer if I don't want any problems.

Hello, your description above is somewhat confusing, i.e. you first asked about a printing problem w/ your iPad Air and the @ the end state 'so I know to only print from the computer'?

Please provide the following information: 1) Printer brand/model - is it AirPrint compatible; 2) How is the printer connected to your HP laptop, i.e. cabled or wireless; 3) HP computer model/year/OS installed; and 4) Have you been printing wirelessly w/ the iPad?

Finally, if you have a separate modem and router, did you also 'power recycle' the modem? Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts