What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air play

Nic_24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband and I recently bought an iPad as a wedding present to ourselves, and as a result we want to be able to stream our wedding photos and video onto the tv so that our friends and family can see them without all huddling around the iPad. I have downloaded the airplay app but I can't download the software from safari, do I do it on my laptop then sync it with iTunes?

I don't have an apple tv so I'm hoping it will still work..

Any help would be great, thanks :)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

With respect to your question, you need to have an Apple TV2 to use AirPlay on your iPad.

Apple - Apple TV - Now there

There is also an HDMI connection kit that allows you to connect your iPad directly to your TV if you want to go that way.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC953ZM/A

The Apple TV2 has so many benefits (besides AirPlay) though that for $60 more, that's the way I would go.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts