What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air 2 digitizer sometimes unresponsive

cbruce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today my wife complained that her screen was sometimes not responsive to her fingers. I checked it out and, sure enough, sometimes if I attempted to scroll down or zoom with two fingers, it would often take several tries. I rebooted with no change. This seems to have started today or at least today is when my wife first noticed it. She did install the new update a few days ago. There is a screen protector on it, but that hasn't been an issue before. It also has a smart cover. Any ideas?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Clean the screen, restart it and reboot it. If this doesn't help, call Apple Support or take it to the next Apple Retail Store.

OP
C

cbruce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clean the screen, restart it and reboot it. If this doesn't help, call Apple Support or take it to the next Apple Retail Store.
There's nothing on the screen. After rebooting (not a hard reset) it works fine, but if she uses it while plugged in, it starts to do it again.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Today my wife complained that her screen was sometimes not responsive to her fingers. I checked it out and, sure enough, sometimes if I attempted to scroll down or zoom with two fingers, it would often take several tries. I rebooted with no change. This seems to have started today or at least today is when my wife first noticed it. She did install the new update a few days ago. There is a screen protector on it, but that hasn't been an issue before. It also has a smart cover. Any ideas?
There is a bug in iOS 8 that has to do with using multitasking gestures on the screen. The work around is to go to Settings>General>Multitasking Gestures and turn the switch off, then on. This works for a while, then you have to do it again. Let us know if this solves your problem.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another good workaround is to pull the Notification Center down. You don't even have to pull it all the way, just have it started and then you can push it back up.

I have to do this a lot because my iPad Air has issues, too, with the multigestures (I'm mostly trying to do the "four finger pinch to close" move). So far, using this "trick" has worked every time ... knock on wood. :)

Marilyn

AndrewJPoulain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never use the multitasking gestures; by turning them off in settings. I have no issues with multi-touch gestures.

Andrew Joseph Poulain

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is something going on in the background e.g. backup or update? Are any other apps open? Just a thought.

Most reactions

Latest posts