What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After the Return...

soopersonamara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, it was a day after I got the new iPad with 4g. Out of curiosity, I tried switching the sim card already in it with the one from my iPhone, to see if it would work. After my little experiment, though, I my brain left me and I blindly put the original sim card back into the iPad without the sim tray. I realized my stupid mistake right away, but couldn't get the sim card out. I called Apple, and they just told me to take it to a store. I went to the Apple Store the next day, but even they weren't able to remove it, and told me my only option was to replace the whole iPad. I was lucky that I bought AppleCare plus when they offered it, and was able to get a $50 replacement.

Well, my story had a happy ending. But that of me thinking. What's going to happen to my old iPad now? It had no damage at all, and the sim could probably be extracted if they dismantle the whole iPad. But then what? They can't sell it as new, so what do they do? Give it as a replacement iPad, like the one I got? Resell it to other vendors? Can anyone please tell me what Apple does with returned/exchanged iPads, or any other gadget for that matter?

AnonymousNoOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They will fix it and sell as a refurbished iPad.   ☢ ☢ ☣ ☣

OP
soopersonamara

soopersonamara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait, do they I that for everything though? Like if it's a cracked screen, they can replace it. But what about water damage? How bad does it have to be wrecked before they can't refurbish it?

OP
soopersonamara

soopersonamara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can they refurbish this?

Last edited by a moderator:

AnonymousNoOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LΩL LΩL Lol

Your very smart βཞℴ , apple would throw it away in that case. I think apple would tell you to leave their store because void of warranty?.

 ☣ ☣ ☢☢ 

OP
soopersonamara

soopersonamara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aww, that's disappointing. When Steve Jobs said the iPad was magical, I thought he meant it was built by elves and fairies who could magically heal its wounds on command.

Wait... if there are no fairies and elves, then how does iCloud work??? [-o-]

WHY MUST APPLE KILL MY DREAMS?!?!?! \(-____-)/

Last edited:

AnonymousNoOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having trouble with your emoji? I thought you were smart?

S℧ཌ
βཞℴ
རཌ༮བ
ཡརFར

 
♪☆*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*(^O^)/☆☆→☀★☂☁♠♨♦♥♧♢♡♣☃♤((((;゚Д゚)))))))☆(^∇^)(*☻-☻*)

AnonymousNoOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
移築に靴エリクます娘攻め得ぬ苔メソ細後こそ溶け草にぬ昼に理知ふチリ味を間を屋良」る、んんせーテーゼ。稀有めげぬ巣ぬうぬせへねくぬく(@ ̄ρ ̄@)*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆☆☆( T_T)\(^-^ )(=´∀`)人(´∀`=)!(◎_◎;)(⌒▽⌒)(^O^)/!(◎_◎;)( T_T)\(^-^ )*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*( T_T)\(^-^ )\(^o^)/(^-^)/( ̄^ ̄)ゞヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ@(・●・)@ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘◆♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪♪(*^^)o∀*∀o(^^*)♪ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ=3=3=3(^_−)−☆☆彡\(^o^)/(^з^)-☆( ? _ ? )Σ(゚д゚lll)。・°°・(>_<)・°°・。@ 'ェ' @囧rz囧rz

OP
soopersonamara

soopersonamara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Grrr.... What sending that on anyways? Computer? iPad? Carrier pidgeon?

AnonymousNoOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For real it's not a app! I just know how to do it!
Or maybe it's Steve Jobs, Elves and Fairies?!
 

Attachments

• image-4230869100.jpg
    image-4230869100.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 171
  • image-589349436.jpg
    image-589349436.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 186
OP
soopersonamara

soopersonamara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll see. Ill get my emoji keyboard working... and then I'll start a thread about it so it becomes common and lame... grrrrrr...

AnonymousNoOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a iPad and app for this forum IPF.

Attachments

• image-2675604836.jpg
    image-2675604836.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 404

Most reactions

Latest posts