What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Jailbreaking my iPad, it now reboots with a different layout and resolution

faiezs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had this problem too and easily resolved

Found that retinapad and or fullforce needed to be reinstalled as was faulty

Easy check

Go to setttings extensions and see if either are still active and look right

Reload them respring and you should be good

Hope this helps

Vinz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re- jailbreak your iPad and that will fix the issue

newbie88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this exact problem on my IPad. Uninstalling the bitesms app (Cydia) finally fixed the problem for me.

technosinner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Permanent solution?

Hi everyone. Sorry to revive this thread but has anyone figured it out? My iPad (3gen 16gb wifi) does it once in a while, but I have none of the tweaks identified to be faulty by you guys (foldericons, backgrounder, etc).

It happened to me twice: once I tried out Springtomize, and it started going bananas do I uninstalled it and that seemed to do it. However I just got Speero, a brand new tweak, and it started doing the same thing. But here's the kicker: it only does it when I activate SOME options in Speero.

I'm still trying to figure it out, but if anyone has a better idea please be so kind to update me!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Usually, the "my iPad looks like an iPhone!" syndrome is caused because some tweak is not working right - either because it's not to be used on your current iOS or the iPad (or both).

The only thing to do is to remove the latest installed tweak(s) and see if the issue is cleared.

So, try removing the Speero tweak and see if your problem is resolved. If it is - it was that tweak and you may want to contact the developer and ask for his/her assistance (cause it was made specifically for the iPad, you paid for it ... so there is something the developer should be aware of).

Marilyn

P.S. The contact-the-developer advice also applies if you've done the uninstall/reinstall process with Springtomize. Because, that tweak works smoothly for me - only the develop can help.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
PS - Speero working fine on my iPad3 5.1.1. No issues. Ditto for Springtomize2.

Y eYe I

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:mad:

So I had the same issue where upon reboot, my display would occupy ± 1/4 of the screen and where my icons were messed-up.

Googled something like ipad icons messed-up upon reboot, found this thread, could not recognize any app mentionned running on my pad.

Was happy though to find a temporary fix adding com.saurik.mobilesubstrate.dat into the preference folder with iFile.

Nevertheless, was still frustrated because if I would forgot to create the file before reboot, icons would be messed-up again; and that's why I had screenshots of all my screens in my photo album...

Also, after every single respring or reboot, mobile substrate would crash and I would need to respring again... What a pain...

:confused:

So, today, I decided that'd be the end of it, and that's why I just registered here, to give you my permanent solution, because you guys deserve to know how I finally got permanently rid of it. First off, thanks to fstbusa for the saurik-dat file, and to Mickey for the common sense.

If the iPad reboots thinking it's an iPhone, indeed, something's wrong, most likely, a tweak's incompatibility.

I discovered that adding the com.saurik file WAS the reason why the springboard would crash, but WAS the solution for my iPad rebooting correctly...

Would have make sense to create the file just before rebooting, not right after, but still a pain; right?

I endured this situation for weeks because I was too lazy to troubleshoot (rings a bell?) :rolleyes:

Like I said, I decided that today would be the last day I'd be plagued, so here's what I did...

I went to SBSettings → Mobile Substrate Addons and then,
ONE by ONE, I disabled AND rebooted, and so on until I fixed the damn thing.
Then I RE-ENABLE IT and only then, I deleted it. ONE by ONE.

In my case, Bigify, Attacher Pro and Unlimited Tones were faulty.
Once I discovered them, got rid of 'em, got rid of the problem.

:D

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

gerhardkiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, Y eYe, I did it in your way (my problem was "BiteSMS"), and now my springboard is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts