What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After jailbreaking ios 6 will it still be possible to go back to ios 5.1.1

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody know enough about the pending jailbreak for iOS 6 if after jailbreaking iOS 6 if it would still be possible to re-restore to iOS 5.1.1?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. As of already it is not possible, unless you got an Ipad 2 with SHSH blobs saved for 5.1.1.

To add to this - that iPad2 also has to have the SHSH blobs for any version of iOS 4; the iPad2 can't be downgraded without both sets.

it's been this way since iOS 5 was first released (and Apple changed the way the APTickets worked). As a general rule, once you've upgraded and Apple closes the signing window, there is no going back.

Marilyn

OP
J

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
To add to this - that iPad2 also has to have the SHSH blobs for any version of iOS 4; the iPad2 can't be downgraded without both sets.

it's been this way since iOS 5 was first released (and Apple changed the way the APTickets worked). As a general rule, once you've upgraded and Apple closes the signing window, there is no going back.

Marilyn

Thank you. I do have an iPad 2 and also have shush blobs for iOS 4.3.3 thru iOS 6.1 so I think that I sssume correctly that I am able to re-restore to iOS 5.1.1 if I wish to do so using absynthe.

Please forgive me, the spell checker keeps trying to correct my spelling as I type.

Most reactions