What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After iPad 3.2.2 JB what it the 1 st Apps you will be install ?

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SBSettings will be the first for sure. The real reason I want the jailbreak however is to use the camera connection kit to mount USB storage devices.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SBSettings will be the first for sure. The real reason I want the jailbreak however is to use the camera connection kit to mount USB storage devices.

Where is that option in sbsetting? I can't find it. :confused:

It isn't part of SBSettings, sorry about my unclear post. If you have access to the Ipad file system (which of course you can only do if the device is jailbroken) you can mount devices attached to the camera connection kit and access that storage directly. So, for example, you could load up a USB stick with movies and watch them directly from the stick rather than having to transfer them to the internal Ipad memory.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe IOS 4.x will have this functionality built in.

I seriously doubt Apple will ever add such functionality. There would be little reason for people to pay the outrageous premiums for higher capacity devices if easy external storage options were available. I would guess this is the reason there is no USB / external flash memory port on the device to start with.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I seriously doubt Apple will ever add such functionality. There would be little reason for people to pay the outrageous premiums for higher capacity devices if easy external storage options were available. I would guess this is the reason there is no USB / external flash memory port on the device to start with.

All of the iPad competitors are coming out with USB ports on their devices so you can be sure that the next generation iPad will have USB.

ctitanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ultramobilepc-tips.com

Where is that option in sbsetting? I can't find it. :confused:

It isn't part of SBSettings, sorry about my unclear post. If you have access to the Ipad file system (which of course you can only do if the device is jailbroken) you can mount devices attached to the camera connection kit and access that storage directly. So, for example, you could load up a USB stick with movies and watch them directly from the stick rather than having to transfer them to the internal Ipad memory.

I have my iPad jailbreaked but I don't have access to my USB devices unless I create a folder DCIM in my devices.

What do I have to install?

ctitanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ultramobilepc-tips.com

All of the iPad competitors are coming out with USB ports on their devices so you can be sure that the next generation iPad will have USB.

I doubt. Apple is not any other company. Apple is all about money made by using the formula of full control of the device they are selling you. There you have FLASH. IT has been proved that HTML5 is not faster than Flash in all cases. But Steve keeps giving us stupid reasons to not to have Flash implemented in our iPads when the real reason is not to have a developer platform out of their control.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That is an interesting thought, but I'll believe that one when I see it. So much of Apple's pricing structure with iOS devices is built around storage capacity. It would take a huge focus shift to allow for external storage capabilities. I can see Apple perhaps allowing USB devices to connect (much like the camera kit now) but seriously restricting what those devices can be used for. For example, files could be transferred from a USB stick to internal memory, but not read directly. I'm sure it will all be for our "safety" somehow. In all honesty that would be enough for me, as I am sure the JB community would unlock the true potential of an on-board USB port in short order.

ctitanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ultramobilepc-tips.com

Most reactions

Latest posts