What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After crash

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have had to restore iPad after total freeze.
Couldn't get into forum to see procedure.
So now fully re entering all my info etc
Can anyone help with a saved calendar info from yearly calendar app
It's all saved as email.want to re instate on the app .
My brain hurts!
Julie

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean it's saved in a email account (see the picture) or is it saved as a email?

Attachments

• image-3658564128.jpg
    image-3658564128.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 235

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to biobunny. What app are you using?

I use Pocket Informant HD and, with that calendar app, you can email a backup file to yourself for safe keeping.

Once you've re-installed the app (from the app store - you don't have to purchase them again) you can re-instate the calendar contents by clicking on a link in the email that contained the backup file you emailed to yourself. That automatically updates your calendar with the contents of the file you emailed to yourself.

OK - you're probably not using that app, but let us know which one you're using and maybe we can help - biobunny seems the expert, so I bow to his/her superior knowledge.

Tim
Scotland

OP
55julie55

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Its saved only as an email.
The app is called yearly calendar
I needed a full year showing at the one time.
Hope you can assist
Thanks all

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its saved only as an email.
The app is called yearly calendar
I needed a full year showing at the one time.
Hope you can assist
Thanks all

I'll wait and see if biobunny is familiar with this particular app.

Tim
Scotland

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to use year view express if that's what you were suggesting, and found it complicated to make events never mind restoring it from a backup. If they are only saved as emails (as in emailing it to yourself) then you can only use the copy/paste function within the iPad. Or you could use a PC/Mac to put those emails as events using the build in calendar of the email account (I got my calendar events from Google Calender which only requires a Gmail account) and then putting the online calendar onto the standard calendar app or use any other calendar apps that can use online calendars onto their apps.

OP
55julie55

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
biobunny said:
I tried to use year view express if that's what you were suggesting, and found it complicated to make events never mind restoring it from a backup. If they are only saved as emails (as in emailing it to yourself) then you can only use the copy/paste function within the iPad. Or you could use a PC/Mac to put those emails as events using the build in calendar of the email account (I got my calendar events from Google Calender which only requires a Gmail account) and then putting the online calendar onto the standard calendar app or use any other calendar apps that can use online calendars onto their apps.

Thanks biobunny
Will have a go at copy paste
Still tearing hair out
Contact info gone as well
Getting more tired with each discovery of doom!

Most reactions

Latest posts