After complete reset, iPad not seen by laptop or iTunes

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by Troyhusker, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Troyhusker

Troyhusker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, just getting back to check on the question. No, I'm not using Windows Vista. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium.

2. Troyhusker

Troyhusker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Tried it on 2 other computers and still the same result. I'm beginning to thing it's a pin or something on the iPad also. It charges fine with the same cord plugged into the AC adapter but it just will not get noticed by the computer. I was trying to think of a way to maybe clean the connectors but can't think of a way to get to them to clean them. I blew them out with compressed air, but still didn't work.

3. Nakedbabytoes

Nakedbabytoes
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I had an iPod shuffle that was like that, no computer would ever list it in the iTunes window. Turns out, it somehow reverted to "Mac based" software(it was old) during a reset/restore and only a Mac would recognize it. Do you have anybody with a Mac around? Once we got it recognized, we could upgrade it's software and then my computer could see it again.

It was weird, but it fixed it. I wasn't/am not aware that they do PC/Mac specific stuff anymore.

4. Troyhusker

Troyhusker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm... Interesting. I'll give that a try. My daughter has a MAC and she's coming home this weekend. I'll try it on her machine and see what happens. Thanks.

5. parsapple

parsapple
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Did you solve the problem? I have the same problem.

6. parsapple

parsapple
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    was this problem solved? I have exactly the same problem with my ipad1.

7. Troyhusker

Troyhusker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I was not able to solve the problem. I ended up taking the iPad down to the Apple Store and they looked it over and said it was not fixable and offered a refurbished iPad for $299. I did not take them up on the offer.

8. Shag_Nasty718

Shag_Nasty718
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I had the same problem with my Ipad. Plug it in to itunes and it wouldnt see it. Just see the ipad. Then it would make a noise and disconnect. As far as everything else it would be listed as N/A (In itunes) Tried everything. Changing cords, Computers, Updating, another cord, even told my ipad I would take it out for ice cream. Anyways, The charging port was bad. (Daughter Board) Replaced myself at $49.99 at badda bing. Back in action.

9. Shag_Nasty718

Shag_Nasty718
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I even tried to restore it to factory. It would take 45 minuntes then throw the 1602 error. The new port did the trick. No error either.

10. Troyhusker

Troyhusker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    That is great information. I even found a video online that shows, in very good detail, how to replace the charging port.

My question now is, is it worth spending the money to replace that port on a 1st generation iPad? Can that iPad take the newer iOS 6 or is that iPad too obsolete? Any thoughts?