What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After 4.3 upgrade

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Had to restart iPad after freeze.it upgraded to 4.3 automatically.
Now my Facebook and twitter accounts say I have the wrong email account and or password.
Any suggestions.?
Julie

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had to restart iPad after freeze.it upgraded to 4.3 automatically.
Now my Facebook and twitter accounts say I have the wrong email account and or password.
Any suggestions.?
Julie

Do you get this message when you access Facebook and Twitter automatically? i.e. you have not entered any log in information yourself? If so, you may need to log in again manually because there was an upgrade to Safari in the new iOS release and it will have 'forgotten' all of your previous account details and passwords.

So, if you can, try to log in manually and Safari will then remember the details for next time.

Hope this fixes the problem but, if it doesn't, get back in touch with us.

Tim
Scotland

OP
55julie55

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Do you get this message when you access Facebook and Twitter automatically? i.e. you have not entered any log in information yourself? If so, you may need to log in again manually because there was an upgrade to Safari in the new iOS release and it will have 'forgotten' all of your previous account details and passwords.

So, if you can, try to log in manually and Safari will then remember the details for next time.

Tim
Scotland

Tim,the message I get is that the email and password do not match.on both Facebook and twitter
Tried to re register and am told there is someone has already registered with these details.
That's me!
Any other suggestions.
Trying to log in on iPad
Is this right?
Julie

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim
Scotland

Tim,the message I get is that the email and password do not match.on both Facebook and twitter
Tried to re register and am told there is someone has already registered with these details.
That's me!
Any other suggestions.
Trying to log in on iPad
Is this right?
Julie

OK - please don't get cross with me if you think I'm going over the same ground again. I just want to be sure.....

When I try to log in to my accounts, Safari automatically fills in the login name and password (I have autocomplete switched on in Settings). I suspect the details being stored by Safari are incorrect.

So what I'm trying to determine is whether, when you get the message that the email address and password don't match - did you *at this particular time* type that email address and password in, or is it Safari doing it 'automatically' for you?

Sorry for being so obtuse...my brain is only working at half power today.

Tim
Scotland

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Go to the Settings app, then Safari settings, and hit the Clear Cache button and Clear Cookies button.

Go back to Safari app and browse to FB and/or Twitter. If you still cant log in, use their solution to change/reset your password. It is not hard, but has to be done at each individual site, not on a single place in the iPad. This is not a 4.3 issue.

OP
55julie55

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
OK - please don't get cross with me if you think I'm going over the same ground again. I just want to be sure.....

When I try to log in to my accounts, Safari automatically fills in the login name and password (I have autocomplete switched on in Settings). I suspect the details being stored by Safari are incorrect.

So what I'm trying to determine is whether, when you get the message that the email address and password don't match - did you *at this particular time* type that email address and password in, or is it Safari doing it 'automatically' for you?

Tim
Scotland

I actually type in the email ,then the password.
It then tells me the email or password do not match.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim
Scotland

I actually type in the email ,then the password.
It then tells me the email or password do not match.

OK - then I think, if the advice from the previous poster doesn't work, you'll have to get them to email you your password. There's a button you can press for 'Forgotten your password?'. You tell them your email address and they'll email you the password.

I don't this can be an iOS 4.3 issue - do you have the same email address and password anywhere else that you can try? Obviously don't send them to me or post them!! But, if you've other accounts - even using a different password - do they work? Is it just these two accounts?

The previous posters suggestion of clearing the cache is a good one and I should have thought of that...thanks for that suggestion...

Tim
Scotland

OP
55julie55

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
OK - then I think, if the advice from the previous poster doesn't work, you'll have to get them to email you your password. There's a button you can press for 'Forgotten your password?'. You tell them your email address and they'll email you the password.

I don't this can be an iOS 4.3 issue - do you have the same email address and password anywhere else that you can try? Obviously don't send them to me or post them!! But, if you've other accounts - even using a different password - do they work? Is it just these two accounts?

The previous posters suggestion of clearing the cache is a good one and I should have thought of that...thanks for that suggestion...

Tim
Scotland

Thanks all
Tried the cache clear and twitter is now working
But not Facebook.
Will ask to reset password
Thanks for the great advise
Back in circulation
You guys are fantastic

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great to hear....sorry we were so slow to solve what, always with the benefit of hindsight, was a simple problem - thanks to the other poster for the 'fix' that finally solved the problem - it's much appreciated - it stopped me making even more of a fool of myself than usual :)

Tim
Scotland

Reaction score
This may sound very dumb but case sensitive?
On my old dumbphone I couldn't log into my favorite site for months until a light bulb came on that my phone defaults to first letter cap and the first letter in my password wasn't supposed to be capitalized

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not dumb at all! I wish I had a buck for every time I’ve done that! Thanks for the suggestion.....I should have thought of that too! Not doing too well today...

Tim
Scotland

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After I updated to 4.2 on ipad I had that issue, I could not log into facebook it finally took going on pc, changing password through FB and it worked fine ever since. It is weird but she might have to try it.

Most reactions

Latest posts