What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Affinity Photo

kazzawazza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing Affinity Photo for my IPad. In the App Store it’s £13.99. Is this for a licence for the full version ?

Also, is this software as good as Photoshop?

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing Affinity Photo for my IPad. In the App Store it’s £13.99. Is this for a licence for the full version ?

Also, is this software as good as Photoshop?

Hi Kazzaw...... - not sure that I can answer your questions satisfactorily, but will at least start the discussion. For myself, I have Pixelmator & Affinity Photo on my Mac computers (iMac & 2 laptops), of course running macOS - on my iPad, I have Pixelmator and Photoshop Express (but not Affinity Photo) - to date, Adobe has not released a 'full' version of PS for iOS (maybe an announcement soon?) - on macOS, both of the apps mentioned are considered PS competitors - check this LINK for a discussion on PS & Affinity Photo.

As to the iPad, Pixelmator & Affinity Photo are compared HERE - SO, for an advanced iOS image editor, the latter two would be your main considerations - hopefully, others will chime in w/ more personal comments on using Affinity Photo on the iPad - good luck in your selection. Dave :)

P.S. the price above should buy you the full version of Affinity Photo, i.e. not a subscription service like many of the current Adobe products.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you pay for the app, you get the full version. There are no in app purchases, and no subscriptions.

It only works on iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad (early 2017). If you own a different device, you can’t use the app.

OP
kazzawazza

kazzawazza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My IPad is a 2017 MP2H2B/A1822, so assume itts a 64 bit?

One of the reasons for my question is that I understand that Affinity Photo is around £48.99 and thought one purchase would cover multiple devices - my PC and IPad. However, You do need to purchase AP separately for Windows and IPad. One purchase won’t cover both devices. In the App Store AP is currently £13.99 for Ipad, which is a lot less than £48.99, so this is why I wondered if you get the full version or just a subscription.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My IPad is a 2017 MP2H2B/A1822, so assume itts a 64 bit?

One of the reasons for my question is that I understand that Affinity Photo is around £48.99 and thought one purchase would cover multiple devices - my PC and IPad. However, You do need to purchase AP separately for Windows and IPad. One purchase won’t cover both devices. In the App Store AP is currently £13.99 for Ipad, which is a lot less than £48.99, so this is why I wondered if you get the full version or just a subscription.

Hi again - first, you have the iPad released in early 2017 (see pic), so good to go! Second, your devices in question run two different operating systems, i.e. iOS and Windows (for me, iOS & macOS); as is usual, you will need to purchase separate products for each of your devices, which is usual in my experience - now many of my app purchases allow the programs to be installed on different machines running the same operating system, but you need to check their rules. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 11.15.28 AM.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Any app that has costs beyond the price listed at the top will also have in-app purchases. This will show (in small text) next to the price/get button. You can also scroll down to the information section to see what the in-app purchases are.

In-App purchases can be hidden pretty much anywhere in the app. They are usually under something like settings, or about menues, but there does not appear to be a standard.

Subscriptions are also shown under the In-App Purchases.

The only exapmples I can think of where you can pay once to get the same app for multiple devices are subscription services like Office 365 and Adobe Cloud. In those cases the iOS app is free, but you have to sign into the account in the app to unlock all the features. If you purchase the subscription within the app, then the sign in is usually automatic. At least the first time. You may have to sign in again later.

Be sure to buy a subscrition only once. If you bought it somewhere other than the iPad, you just download the app and sign in. And vice-versa, of course.

648B672F-1B6A-4B48-8386-365590503E63.png

Most reactions

Latest posts