What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice wanted on best App for band live gigs

alun101_uk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping someone may have some suggestions on software suitable for the following application, which i hope to use during gigs. Ok here goes!
Currently I use an A4 folder with lyrics and tab or each song during the set, this can be up to 55 songs in one night, so a lot of page flicking!
I want to be able to select songs from a bank of about 200, sort them by drag n drop into separate 'sets' or folders, and then be able to display full screen in the correct order and page change by page swiping.
This sounds like a PowerPoint type app where you could move pages in the window on the left and then display in full screen mode as if giving a presentation.
Does that make sense? I hope so.
If I were to describe an ideal screen view it might be three windows, the first would be a page sorting view (like ppt) the main window is the preview screen, and the final window preferably on the right listing all tab pages alphabetically.

Any ideas?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping someone may have some suggestions on software suitable for the following application, which i hope to use during gigs. Ok here goes!
Currently I use an A4 folder with lyrics and tab or each song during the set, this can be up to 55 songs in one night, so a lot of page flicking!
I want to be able to select songs from a bank of about 200, sort them by drag n drop into separate 'sets' or folders, and then be able to display full screen in the correct order and page change by page swiping.
This sounds like a PowerPoint type app where you could move pages in the window on the left and then display in full screen mode as if giving a presentation.
Does that make sense? I hope so.
If I were to describe an ideal screen view it might be three windows, the first would be a page sorting view (like ppt) the main window is the preview screen, and the final window preferably on the right listing all tab pages alphabetically.

Any ideas?

I am not in a band, but I sing in a couple of choirs. One of my friends who works for the Philharmonic and in a small band uses Gigbook, which I bought on his recommendations. Here is a picture of the front page of the app. You can sort your sheet music into these requirements, and once sorted, you can pull up each score. I used this app for practicing and during performance. It works.

I'm trying out a new app called MusicReader. This app enables you to mark your scores, highlight sections that need more work, etc. MusicReader requires a separate purchase of the application for your PC or MAC, where you do the formatting, etc. Then you download the sheet music into the iPad for displaying. The iPad app is free.

Here is GigBook:
54fb52c3.png

Here is MusicReader:
e4e45153.png

petepraise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lyrics for stage

Hi,
I have been using a free app on stage for the past 4 months, it has been removed just now - my band mate is gutted as he has just managed to get an iPad to use it onstage like me - anyway the developer says the new updated version should be out this month (July) It is called Setlist I see there is another app called this now but it's not that one the icon is a small black amp ( reminds me of a Marshall) This app is amazing check this link out to get an idea and to see what it looks like, then just watch for it coming back into the store. I tried to put the link but it would not let me so I've wrote it like this. tendigi com / setlist-hd. Put in the dots and take out the spaces.

You build a database of songs by typing in or copy and paste then you have a 3 way split screen top left you name a Setlist eg tonight's gig then you click it and on the bottom right is all the songs you have with a + next to them click the + the song title jumps up to the top right of the split screen when you finish you have your list for that set then you click the button and it takes you to the perform screen your Setlist of song titles hit a song title and you get your song full screen. You can adjust the text size with a slider and move up and down your song flick to the side to go to the next on the list or back one. If they are making it better it will be amazing. Hope this helps you.
PP

anwtrampe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do live music on a weekly basis. Since I purchased my iPad I discovered an app called ONSONG. The cost is $4.99, yet it does wonders. Just for the record, I am NOT affiliated with Onsong, its company or creator. I am a very satisfied customer. I add my songs as needed to the database. You can input songs using PDFs, metadata format, text format,etc. You can upload lyrics from the internet and change your chording to what fits for you. It has a chord info bank for guitar, piano, banjo(among others). It gives you the ability to create set lists so that your songs will be in the order you choose to play them. In conjunction with the AirTurn BT 105 (bluetooth foot pedal), it is an unbeatable tool. No more pages of music sheets falling from stands, or pages getting mixed up during rehearsal times. Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts