What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice please!

mabosser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to purchase my first Ipad.

I am due to fly to NYC soon and had planned on buying an Ipad2 32gb wifi only model, as I do not think I will use the 3g enough to merit a further $100. So the price would be $599 with the current exchange of around 1.65 dollars to the £.

However, I have found a bundle deal for the 1st generation Ipad, for the 64gb model with wifi, 3g and a 02 pay as you go sim for £399.

I am a leisure user, and will use it mainly for sofa surfing with wifi, music storage and for films/tv during holidays and flights. Not really looking to play games as I have a laptop and PS3, although some basic games might be used agai during flights.

So, should I pay more for a lesser spec Ipad2 or go for the 1st gen with the 64gb storage which may be better for Itunes, films tv etc.

Any advice appreciated.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember, when you look at the price in the US, that you'll be required to pay Import Duty and 20% VAT when you return to the UK. That adds very considerably to the 'real' US price. Plus - if you purchase it in the US with your credit card or travellers' cheques, you'll never get the 'quoted' exchange rate....

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts