What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

advice needed please

les127

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my son in l aw has just bought an ipad and it has 4.3 ios ,but he wants me to jailbreak it for him i done my own but mine has 4.2.1 on.can i put the ios on his 4.2.1? if so where would i get it,thanks

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If he has iPad 2 there is nothing available for it now.

stick2e - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a jailbreak that will work on 4.3 for the iPad let me check

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is what I found for you...

Demandarin said:
Snow breeze is the one to use for 4.3. That goes on windows pc. If u have a Mac, u need to use pawnage tool for 4.3 jailbreak. Keep in mind both are a Tethered jailbreak only. Which sux IMO. That means u have to boot into tethered state every time. If ur iPad reboots for any reason, u r stuck until u get bck to ur pc and rejailbreak again. The jailbreak doesn't stick.
Now untethered jailbreak, which hasn't released for 4.3 yet but will soon, means u do it one time. One time and ur jail broke until u update iOS again. iPad can reboot a million times n still be jail broken n no need for pc anymore ;-). It's coming really soon so u should just wait for the best option, untethered, like I am on 4.2.1 ;-)P

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't have something called shsh saved, then you can't downgrade. Shsh is different for every device and firmware. So, you can't downgrade.

Most reactions

Latest posts