What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice needed for warranty repair

locovino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had my iPad 3G for about a month now and I love it. I take super good care of it including placing it in a Incase sleeve wherever I take it and it has never been dropped or abused in any way. Unfortunately however the glass screen up at the top where the black antenna piece is located has started to separate from the casing! Has anyone seen this before? A gap is opening up at the top and you can push the glass slightly in and out.

I'm assuming this is issue is a manufacturing fault and will be covered for repair or replacement under the standard Apple 1 year post purchase warranty. My question is: What is the best way to go about having Apple repair the device? Should I take it to my local Apple store? Is there a warranty contact number I should call? Any help will be appreciated.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Go into the apple store and they will replace it on the spot, its a good idea to do it now rather than in the future since they dont have a stock pile of refurbished units yet and will give you a brand new unit.

Make an apointment first on the website for the store you plan to go to to try and same some time.

Most reactions

Latest posts