What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

advantages and disadvantages of ipad 2 jail breaking...

Wakaojie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is it important that my ipad 2 is jail broken to download free games?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are lots of free games for the iPad. You don't have to jail break to get free (legally free) games.

However, iPad Forum does not support, condone or tolerate the use or discussion of illegally obtained free (cracked) games.

Tim

OP
W

Wakaojie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i can't download free games in app store, one of my friend tell me that i need to have credit card info first to download it.is that true?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wakaojie said:
i can't download free games in app store, one of my friend tell me that i need to have credit card info first to download it.is that true?

No not true, when I first set up my account, I didn't have any credit or iTunes card

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It wasn't there yesterday as they were updating the Apple site in preparation for all the new announcements that will come out today - can't wait!!

Tim

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No not true, when I first set up my account, I didn't have any credit or iTunes card

I give those gift cards as gifts. Seems everyone likes a gift card.

I keep a few for emergencies while traveling. I like that Zulu Tribe Members will trade pigs, goat meat, and snickers bars for iTunes gift cards.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I have stopped using my CC on the web. I use lots of gift cards and prepaid Visa or AM EX prepaid cards.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Hold on, let's try this:

Perhaps your problem is your restrictions settings. So go to "Settings" then select "General" and look for the settings in use when you press "Restrictions." You should have no problem downloading/installing and free app in the store.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
I have stopped using my CC on the web. I use lots of gift cards and prepaid Visa or AM EX prepaid cards.

Thanks Bob, I've never used my credit card. After receiving my iPad I have purchased iTunes cards too, much safer this way I think.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Bob, I've never used my credit card. After receiving my iPad I have purchased iTunes cards too, much safer this way I think.

You are welcome. It is just my way of doing things. A tad more inconvenient to use prepaid cards, but safer, I think. Or not safer, depending on the web sites you read.

Most reactions