What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advanced Preferences

ssemmel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Advanced Preferences on ipad 2 I have a tweak on my iphone called "Advanced Preferences". This opens up some more settings that you can configure. Has anyone installed this on their ipad 2? I am on 4.3.3. Any insight would be great.

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

ssemmel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it for my iPhone and didn't know if anyone tried it on the iPad. It opens more tweaks in settings. You can find it in cydia.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
i'm not aware of that app... but if you say tweak, that means you have jb'd your ipad2. in that case, these are the tweaks that i have gotten from cydia... with the other recommended tweaks by f4780y at the bottom of the list...

----------

[...Moderator edit: Removed long list of tweaks taken from/found in this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html...]

Correction - link above not working (removed periods at the end) - try to one below - amazing number of tweaks etc! :)

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
...if anyone tried it on the iPad.

Just did. The only real change was that I got settings that I already had (already part of stock iPad2). The few others was more fitting for 3G models, I believe.

Nothing new there. Not for me, anyways...

//Stefan 

OP
S

ssemmel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can change the dimming time for the iPhone lockscreen and I couldn't find another tweak or setting that would do it. Do you know of any?

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Been browsing through my settings, and I can't find this option. Not that I've ever missed it since my lock screen goes out (sleep) after some time anyway (as does any screen if left un-attended for a period of time)...

How to set this time, someone else has to describe...

//Stefan 

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Been browsing through my settings, and I can't find this option. Not that I've ever missed it since my lock screen goes out (sleep) after some time anyway (as does any screen if left un-attended for a period of time)...

How to set this time, someone else has to describe...

//Stefan 

The 20 Second Lockscreen f4780y mentions is a free Cydia app that you can find on, well, Cydia. There's also Lockscreen Dim Delay Control.

After you install either - then you go to Settings to set a time for the lockscreen close function (Apple default is 5 seconds).

Marilyn

OP
S

ssemmel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried both and neither works. Any idea what can conflict with this?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
works perfect on iPhone or iPad.
one of the best add-ons is the web browser, google on my springboard.

scrollingboard is the ultimate tweak, it only does everything.
scrollingboard have free add-ons, one of the add-ons does this, iPad too.
called scrollingboard sliders
cydia.jpg

Several of ScrollingBoard’s key features:

Endless icons in the dock, with up to 7 icons viewable at once in portrait mode and 10 in landscape mode.
Limitless, scrollable icon support in iOS folders. (Ala, InfiniFolders)
A scrollable dock with endless pages of icons and addons.
The iPod controls from the multitasking bar can now be available in the dock.
The support of other system controls to the dock, like volume and brightness control sliders.
A supported landscape view of the home screen (supports SBRotator4) with different icon configurations.
All of your SBSettings toggles can be available for viewing in the dock. (with the free ScrollingBoard SBSettings Dock addon)
At a $1.50 price point, I think ScrollingBoard is quite the deal for anyone who would like a little more functionality in their dock. The unlimited, scrollable icon support in iOS folders is also a very nice bonus. If you look at it this way, the combined price of Infinidock and Infinifolders is $3. With ScrollingBoard, you’re getting the functionality of two other tweaks (plus a few others) for half the price.
this tweak removes infinidock and infinifolders, because it does both and more, so don't worry, i didn't!!!!!!

Pick up ScollingBoard for $1.50 in the Cydia Store. And if you use SBSettings, get the ScrollingBoard’s SBSettings Dock addon for free as well. Enjoy all that dock-customizable goodness!

search again after install, to find add-ons.
ScrollingBoardSlidersAddon_0446.PNG

ScrollingBoard Sliders Addon - Dock

ScrollingBoard, The Ultimate Jailbreak Tweak for Your iPhone’s Dock

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts