What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adult Doggs- How Many Feedings In A Day?

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My partner & I have a gentlemen's bet regarding how many times an adult dog is to be feed in a 24 hour period.
I could've thought I remembered a vet telling me that puppies are to eat twice & an adult dog is to only eat once a day.
Do you know?
What have you heard or how do you feed you canines?

P.S.- My grandmother tries to keep some food in her dogs dishes & they are all overweight.
Lol Bless Her Heart

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My dogs have always been "on demand" eaters-- I leave the bowls of food out and they eat when they want. I've never had a problem with over eating. I have always had some breed of terrier so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have always had small dogs,Yorkies, or Yorkie mixes. I have feed them all once a day and a treat in the early evening. All my dogs have had happy and healthy lives, most were with us for fourteen years or more.

☮ ♥ 

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't you just love Yorkies!! My Rosie was 15 when she passed away. It's been years, but I still miss my little friend.

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AntonCartel said:
My partner & I have a gentlemen's bet regarding how many times an adult dog is to be feed in a 24 hour period.
I could've thought I remembered a vet telling me that puppies are to eat twice & an adult dog is to only eat once a day.
Do you know?
What have you heard or how do you feed you canines?

P.S.- My grandmother tries to keep some food in her dogs dishes & they are all overweight.
Lol Bless Her Heart

My yorkie has always got food in his bowl. Its so big it lasts him over a week haha. But he only eats whenever someone else eats at the kitchen table.. Strange dog haha

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs

OP
AntonCartel

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mollysmom said:
My dogs have always been "on demand" eaters-- I leave the bowls of food out and they eat when they want. I've never had a problem with over eating. I have always had some breed of terrier so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Yea certain types or personalities of dogs won't allow themselves to over eat. However, I own pitbull terriers, and they're attitude, when it comes to eating is eat it all until it's gone. Doesn't matter if I feed'em they are always ready to eat again.

OP
AntonCartel

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MadChef said:
I have always had small dogs,Yorkies, or Yorkie mixes. I have feed them all once a day and a treat in the early evening. All my dogs have had happy and healthy lives, most were with us for fourteen years or more.

☮ ♥ 

Welp, I guess it's official. Yorkers can control their own food intake. Smart dogs they are.

Most reactions

Latest posts