What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Reader App

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the Adobe Reader app for the iPad. It's great! But I can't figure out how to give a name to the file. Take a look at the picture. The file in question has the name of Scan f001.pdf. How do I change the name of the file?

Attachments

• image-519205761.png
    image-519205761.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 406

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't find anything in the app to change the name, either.

All I can suggest is using the "Open In..." function to send it to another app for re-naming. For example, I was able to send a PDF from Adobe Reader to GoodReader, change the name there and then redo the "Open In..." function [from GoodReader] to re-open the newly named document in Adobe Reader.

IOW, it seems as if Adobe Reader is just a reader, not an editor (even just to rename files). Sorry.

Marilyn

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How annoying. I've dl this but it seems to be limited. Typical.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Ingomeata1688

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just managed to do it.
Open adobe reader show a list of your documents.
Top right corner of the window is a button labelled "edit". Press it, it will turn blue.
Now touch the file name you want to change. You will see a red tick appear.
Now go to the menu bar at the top. Choose the odd looking button left of the delete bin. It has three dots at the end.
That is the "Rename" button.

Your screen shot does not show the left hand list of selections I have. Do you have the latest upgrade?

Does that help?

Rgds

Dave

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's easy to rename PDFs in iBooks. Tap Edit, tap the file name, type away.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Most reactions

Latest posts