Adobe is one of the biggest tech companies in the world, focused on the creation of multimedia and creativity software products. And with the rise of mobile devices, it knew how to adjust to this trend, by focusing on cloud technologies. As part of this strategy, it has finally released the â€˜Lightroom Mobile for iPadâ€™ application which brings powerful new tools to Apple's iOS. The app is a free 41.6MB download from the App Store, but requires an iPad 2 running iOS 7 or later and you need to have at least one Creative Cloud Subscription.
Adobe Lightroom is a powerful software which makes use of iPadâ€™s processing power. Hereâ€™s the list of all the things you can do inside the app:
- Seamless sync between desktop, mobile and web
- Edit and organize your images anywhere, anytime
- Edit everything from smartphone photos to raw images from DSLRs using Smart Previews. Adobe Lightroom mobile can handle virtually any image format
- Smart Previews creates smaller stand-in files for quicker & efficient work
- Import images from your iPhone or iPad camera roll straight into your Lightroom catalog. Enhance them using familiar and powerful Lightroom tools. Share them online quickly and easily.
- Advanced Healing Brush for removing unwanted objects or flaws
- Radial Gradient tool lets you create off-center vignette effects
- Create HD video slide shows with images, video clips & music
- Share edited images to your social networks. Share directly from Lightroom on your mobile device
- Showcase your images. Present photos with built-in slideshow
- Import images directly from your camera roll to your Lightroom catalog
- Access and view your photos on lightroom.adobe.com
If youâ€™re new to the software and youâ€™re not sure whether this is what youâ€™re looking for, you can make use of the free 30-day trial. Also, in the near future, Adobe said there will be an iPhone version, as well.