What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe flash player - how to play on Ipad

stickwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry to be thick but I want to watch BBC Italian lessons but it uses flash player. Is there any other way to watch please.

Thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stickwood said:
Hello,

Sorry to be thick but I want to watch BBC Italian lessons but it uses flash player. Is there any other way to watch please.

Thanks

Use the iSwifter App

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Yes, it's one of my favourite apps.

The Archangel

I've been considering getting it when it is available over here, several months from now as the rumor rolls. We'll have to pay for it though, which is only fair I suppose, since most of us haven't exactly been contributing to keeping the BBC on the air. :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully some of my outrageously high fees to Dish Network that goes to pay for BBCAmerica eventually finds its way to the Beeb.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I've been considering getting it when it is available over here, several months from now as the rumor rolls. We'll have to pay for it though, which is only fair I suppose, since most of us haven't exactly been contributing to keeping the BBC on the air. :)

How strange given that we all watch HBO programmes!

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
Hopefully some of my outrageously high fees to Dish Network that goes to pay for BBCAmerica eventually finds its way to the Beeb.

I think you'll find that you are actually subsidising my street lighting........damn it's dark round here!

The Archangel

OP
S

stickwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BBC iplayer is great but the Italian lessons download as podcasts that need adobe flash player to run. Very frustrating. Will try iswifter app. Thanks for that.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If they are podcasts have you tried to download them/subscribe through Itunes or one of the podcast app players? Perhaps they are available in some other format.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stickwood said:
BBC iplayer is great but the Italian lessons download as podcasts that need adobe flash player to run. Very frustrating. Will try iswifter app. Thanks for that.

I did a search on the iPlayer but couldn't find any Italian lessons (I was going to check out the format), can you let me know the title and I will have a look?

The Archangel

OP
S

stickwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the first forum I have been on and I am so touched at how helpful you are being. So thank you. It is the BBC Italian course. I googled BBC learn Italian and when I downloaded the podcast it insisted on flashplayer. I emailed the BBC who said yes it does need that so sorry.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stickwood said:
This is the first forum I have been on and I am so touched at how helpful you are being. So thank you. It is the BBC Italian course. I googled BBC learn Italian and when I downloaded the podcast it insisted on flashplayer. I emailed the BBC who said yes it does need that so sorry.

Well here is the good news, I tried it in the free iSwifter app and it definitely plays!

The Archangel

OP
S

stickwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded iswifter and got as far as 'play' and message came up 'not available in your area'. am in UK. ?? Any other suggestions? Thanks

Most reactions