Adobe and Flash

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by blessed, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    No. For what it's worth, flash is a solid product and has many features which cannot easily be replaced by HTML5.

I suppose one could argue that having some form of conversion is better then none.

2. Ncaissie

Ncaissie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    ISwifter gives you 60 seconds to try it. Talk about stupid. I wouldn't buy it if it cost $0.05.
    I didn't have time to enter my B-day for age verification.

64GB 3G White iPad

3. Ncaissie

Ncaissie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    The problem is that flash is used for interactive videos not just plain videos. So you are probably right that I may never work out for them.

64GB 3G White iPad

4. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure what your point is. I've disabled Flash on my browsers long before iPad was even announced, so this has nothing to do with Apple. My systems are malware and virus-free, so it is not an issue of infection. My first degree was in software engineering, and I've been building and delivering web-based applications for the last 15 years, including Flash-based apps, so I think I do know something about the subject.

5. Ncaissie

Ncaissie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    My point is there is no reason to disable it n your Mac or PC. Apples biggest problem with it is the battery it uses. At least what they will say publicly. If you knew anything about flash you would know it packs a ton of stuff in a very small file. I have done a few flash programming tutorials but it wasn't my thing. I'm just not creative. I wish I was though because flash is easy to program. I'm not trying to argue I just don't want you to give other people the wrong idea.

Sorry

64GB 3G White iPad

6. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I have stated some of the reasons as to why I do not use and therefore deactivate Flash on my browsers - and by extension, do not miss its omission on iPad. It has its uses, but a lot of its functionality has been superseded in recent years by other emerging technologies like HTML5. There are other reasons (which I have not stated, and we do not need to get into here) why I don't like Flash, that have been written and discussed extensively elsewhere, which anyone interested can find by Googling 'why Flash sucks'.

#36 tzimisce, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  7. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
  8. madcapjim

madcapjim
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Agree. It was so irritating I removed it minutes after downloading it. Junk.

9. cherhall

cherhall
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Agreed. Downloaded and deleted within minutes. None of the solutions are even usable, and since I don't really need Flash, I'll pass.

10. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    This thread is just screaming to be closed. These continuous debates re flash is tedious at best.

Simmer down.

#40 SweetPoison, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.