What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe and Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:
If flash was so crapy do you think this big budget games publishers would still be using it? God of war 3 is only a year old.

64GB 3G White iPad

No. For what it's worth, flash is a solid product and has many features which cannot easily be replaced by HTML5.

I suppose one could argue that having some form of conversion is better then none.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ISwifter gives you 60 seconds to try it. Talk about stupid. I wouldn't buy it if it cost $0.05.
I didn't have time to enter my B-day for age verification.

64GB 3G White iPad

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
No. For what it's worth, flash is a solid product and has many features which cannot easily be replaced by HTML5.

I suppose one could argue that having some form of conversion is better then none.

The problem is that flash is used for interactive videos not just plain videos. So you are probably right that I may never work out for them.

64GB 3G White iPad

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No offense but that makes no sense what so ever. Unless you are on dialup you are simply falling for apples lame excuses. It has nothing to do with those ads. They are from malware and adware on your pc. I am a we developer.

I'm not sure what your point is. I've disabled Flash on my browsers long before iPad was even announced, so this has nothing to do with Apple. My systems are malware and virus-free, so it is not an issue of infection. My first degree was in software engineering, and I've been building and delivering web-based applications for the last 15 years, including Flash-based apps, so I think I do know something about the subject.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My point is there is no reason to disable it n your Mac or PC. Apples biggest problem with it is the battery it uses. At least what they will say publicly. If you knew anything about flash you would know it packs a ton of stuff in a very small file. I have done a few flash programming tutorials but it wasn't my thing. I'm just not creative. I wish I was though because flash is easy to program. I'm not trying to argue I just don't want you to give other people the wrong idea.

Sorry

64GB 3G White iPad

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:
My point is there is no reason to disable it n your Mac or PC. Apples biggest problem with it is the battery it uses. At least what they will say publicly. If you knew anything about flash you would know it packs a ton of stuff in a very small file. I have done a few flash programming tutorials but it wasn't my thing. I'm just not creative. I wish I was though because flash is easy to program. I'm not trying to argue I just don't want you to give other people the wrong idea.

I have stated some of the reasons as to why I do not use and therefore deactivate Flash on my browsers - and by extension, do not miss its omission on iPad. It has its uses, but a lot of its functionality has been superseded in recent years by other emerging technologies like HTML5. There are other reasons (which I have not stated, and we do not need to get into here) why I don't like Flash, that have been written and discussed extensively elsewhere, which anyone interested can find by Googling 'why Flash sucks'.

Last edited:

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ISwifter gives you 60 seconds to try it. Talk about stupid. I wouldn't buy it if it cost $0.05.
I didn't have time to enter my B-day for age verification.

64GB 3G White iPad

Agree. It was so irritating I removed it minutes after downloading it. Junk.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madcapjim said:
Agree. It was so irritating I removed it minutes after downloading it. Junk.

Agreed. Downloaded and deleted within minutes. None of the solutions are even usable, and since I don't really need Flash, I'll pass.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
flash is an old, outdated, buggy, resource hog, dangerous, piece of garbage. I'm sorry but if you are forced to use flash skyfire is there for that option, if not then just dont use websites that require flash. There is a reason why flash is not available.

this is not something that is going to happen if you complain about it or not.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marie, you might as well shut it down. The Flash addicts can never accept that there is an alternative, or that Flash has outlived its usefulness. and what is worse, they cannot accept that Apple has every right to say no to supporting Flash on the instruments they do not want it on.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
flash is an old, outdated, buggy, resource hog, dangerous, piece of garbage. I'm sorry but if you are forced to use flash skyfire is there for that option, if not then just dont use websites that require flash. There is a reason why flash is not available.

this is not something that is going to happen if you complain about it or not.

I am so very glad you are back, Mike! Seriously.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marie, you might as well shut it down. The Flash addicts can never accept that there is an alternative, or that Flash has outlived its usefulness. and what is worse, they cannot accept that Apple has every right to say no to supporting Flash on the instruments they do not want it on.

And you. Always there when needed. I have learned much from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions