What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Admob

gsumner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you purchase an app shouldn't it be ad free.

I purchased "Hello" a Facebook app for my iPad. At first it was excellent. After an update I find admob banners popping up. Now it seems they're popping up in other Facebook apps. I find this rude and annoying.

Surely apple should mention whether their apps are full of ads so we can base our purchase or non purchase decision on this.

Graham

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the app is really annoying and you feel that the update has significantly devalued the program then it's always possible to get a refund. Simply call the toll-free Apple Support line with the transaction reference number and Apple will issue a refund as a credit to your iTunes account. Many Members have done this several times and we've yet to hear of a case when a refund has been refused.

Tim

OP
G

gsumner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,

It just shouldn't happen in the first place. It seems admob have sent developers lines of code to insert in their apps so their pop ups show in our apps. They can then make revenue from admob. This I don't mind in free apps but when they've already made money out of selling you an app which initially contains no ads then they give the ads as well after an update then that's a little underhand.

Cutting off our noses to spite our face by handing back the rights to use the app shouldn't have to be a consideration.

Graham

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know what you mean. It's annoying to pay and then have to see ads, too. I try to remind myself that you pay for cable TV and still have to watch ads, so it's not a new business model. (Well, I don't have cable TV, but anyway ... lol.)

OP
G

gsumner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They've updated and removed the ads would you believe.. I'm happy now. I wonder if too many people complained or it was a mistake in the first place

:)
Graham

Most reactions

Latest posts