What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addl cost

davidtxs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok just gettin into the ipad my question is once purchased is there any addl cost I have Wi Fi and email etc so is there any cost for itunes or icloud etc UNLESS I buy something??

Thanks+

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok just gettin into the ipad my question is once purchased is there any addl cost I have Wi Fi and email etc so is there any cost for itunes or icloud etc UNLESS I buy something??

Thanks+

Nope. iTunes (and any upgrades) is free. You get free upgrades to the iOS software for the iPad. Well, some people on really old devices are paying/had to pay, but, so far for the iPad, we've not paid. Which means that when iOS 6 comes out later this year - its a free update.

Then, it's free to use iCloud (up to 5GB). Apps and other stuff purchased from the App Store don't count as part of this 5GB, so there really is a lot of free storage.

Then, there are thousands if free apps in the store. I must warn you though, that a lot of the free apps are worth what you paid. As always (for both free and paid apps): caveat emptor. :)

So, you can get away with not spending any money. Hope this reassures.

Marilyn

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree with Mickey that free apps can be a mixed bag.

Suggestion that's worked well for me: I google a phrase like "best iPad apps" from time to time and have found great free apps that way, by using what I consider good sources for app tipoffs. As a result, I have more than 100 apps that I regularly use, most of them free. I've rarely trawled the app store for apps, because I try to let other people do the finding and testing for me, lol. I look at their lists and cherry-pick from them. (Any decent source will have a blurb explaining what the app does and why it's good.)

Last edited:

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Spend some time and start going through this site for some good apps to use(the app forum is a good place to start). I learned from certain threads about some nice apps so it couldn't hurt to look around.

Most reactions

Latest posts