What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Additional Mailbox

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Go to the account where you want to add the box. Then hit "edit". You will then have a button to add a mailbox, which you can name at will.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I should add this note. You won't be able to do this for Exchange accounts and the like, since your iPad only mirrors the folders available on the server.

OP
R

Ripvw1943

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should add this note. You won't be able to do this for Exchange accounts and the like, since your iPad only mirrors the folders available on the server.

Kevin, I am using Outlook with Cox as my ISP and I have set up several mail folders on my PC. When I am in the mail app on the iPad2 and follow you instructions in my account there is no "edit" feature to be seen anywhere. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some screenshots. Touch the thumbnail to view them full screen.

image-3235419787.jpg

image-628288178.jpg

image-1801721163.jpg

OP
R

Ripvw1943

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Starting with your first screenshot. When I show exactly what it shows - MAILBOXES>INBOXES>ACCOUNTS - there is no "EDIT" button showing. The "EDIT" button only comes up when I select "ALL INBOXES" from screenshot #1. Unfortunately I don't know how to send you a screen shot of my iPad so you can see. I have the different inboxes for the 3 different account I use.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Press home and power buttons together and release to grab the screenshot. Using the iPF app go to Advanced/Attach From Photos to post the screenshot. Use Skitch (free from the app store) to remove any personal information that you don't want to broadcast before you post the image.

OP
R

Ripvw1943

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for you efforts. I have 3 screenshots in photos, but can't find"advanced/attach from photos" on the forum page.

OP
R

Ripvw1943

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was in Safari but did download the app and am using, but the is no "advanced" feature per your screenshot. At the bottom of this page there is a "go advanced" button. BTW I have NOT upgraded to the latest IOS, if that matters.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No the iOS version doesn't make a difference. The "Go advanced" button is on the website. To post pictures, you need to use the app. That's where m screenshots are taken form.

OP
R

Ripvw1943

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-4047190053.jpg

image-3087929591.jpg

image-2357823102.jpg

I apparently wasn't logged in. BTW I read another thread and it said that additional mailboxes could NOT be added to POP accounts. These screenshots show my mailbox screens.

Most reactions

Latest posts