What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding words to the iPad dictionnary

amruas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I go about adding words with French accents to the keyboard dictionnary, such as surnames?

I have an iPad with O/S 3.2.2.

Thanks,

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I go about adding words with French accents to the keyboard dictionnary, such as surnames?

I have an iPad with O/S 3.2.2.

Thanks,
Salut!:)

Go to Settings/general/keyboard/international keyboards/add keyboard.

Select one and add it. Now, next time you wish to type something, when the iPad keyboard appears, you'll see a key with the icon of the world. Tap on it and on the tab key you'll see which language is selected, with that language the proper dictionary for auto correction is also selected.

Si tu veux un e accent aigu, gardes un doigt appuyé sur le e pendant deux secondes et tu verras apparaître tous les e imaginables.

Bienvenue et bonne chance!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ivan!! You speak French? That is my fav language! So soothing to the hear. I use to live in france.:D

Hope that is French. How embarrassing would that be I ask you! :eek:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am Québécois, brought up in French, yes.

Most of us around big centers are bilingual. I live about 50 miles from the US border and can see the green mountains of Vermont on a clear day. So I listen to PBS, CBS and ABC as a lot of people do here. Probably is the main way to learn another language, that and reading in the language an author writes...

OP
amruas

amruas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bonjour iVan,
Merci pour le petit truc. Tu m'as sauvé énormément de temps à fouiller inutilement. Merci mille fois.

For our English-speaking friends :
Hi iVan,
Thank you for the tip. You have saved me an enormous amount of time searching uselessly. Many thanks.

I am a Québécoise educated in Montreal, in English, but I am also perfectly bilingual (French and English). Actually I am trilingual as I was born in Spain.

Most reactions

Latest posts