What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding images to a thread

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the confusion lies here in that you are talking about screenshots, he is talking about pictures, images.
But my darling Marie, in his second post in this thread he says --

Yes, but i wanted to add a printscreen of my ipad to show the problem.

I was only answering his question! Other people were suggesting methods of posting images, not screen shots.

"I'm just saying...."

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things, posting screen shots to an Internet forum directly from an iPad is obviously not a priority for Apple at this point in the device's development. It is simply not one of the more widely used features of an iPad. Before I joined this forum 5 months ago, I never had an occasion to post a screen shot anywhere.

Perhaps if future generations of iPads have a camera built in, there may be a better way to export images, but for now, for those extremely rare times when you want to post a screen shot, these are the hoops through which you will need to jump. Sorry!

i post screen shots directly from my Ipad.

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things, posting screen shots to an Internet forum directly from an iPad is obviously not a priority for Apple at this point in the device's development. It is simply not one of the more widely used features of an iPad. Before I joined this forum 5 months ago, I never had an occasion to post a screen shot anywhere.

Perhaps if future generations of iPads have a camera built in, there may be a better way to export images, but for now, for those extremely rare times when you want to post a screen shot, these are the hoops through which you will need to jump. Sorry!

I think the confusion lies here in that you are talking about screenshots, he is talking about pictures, images.

I always believed that once you take a screenshot or printscreen it becomes an image normally stored on your ipad in the image folder or in the buffer for a PC!
If i am wrong, please explain !

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always believed that once you take a screenshot or printscreen it becomes an image normally stored on your ipad in the image folder or in the buffer for a PC!
If i am wrong, please explain !

Hi Andy! I think you are correct. When I take a screenshot it goes directly to my photobucket and I THINK to my Saved Photos library thingy.

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
?......... Before I joined this forum 5 months ago, I never had an occasion to post a screen shot anywhere.

I understand you may not have use that method but many people use it in forums because they know that ....

........A picture is worth a thousand words.
Sometimes to present a problem a picture could be very helpfull since words may often cause misinterpretations and inappropriate answers.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's how it works...

When you take a screen shot, the image is saved in a folder in Photos called Saved Photos. If this folder does not exist, it will create it. If it already exists, screen shots will be added to this folder --

ipad51.jpg

Once it is in the folder, you can select the screen shot you want, then email to yourself --

ipad52.jpg

With the Photobucket app, you can upload screen shots, or any image in you Photos library directly to Photobucket.

Last edited:
OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To "1991-C4"
==========

How about that "1991-C4", you just posted 2 screen shots ! (LOL)
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I will give it a try.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
?......... Before I joined this forum 5 months ago, I never had an occasion to post a screen shot anywhere.

I understand you may not have use that method but many people use it in forums because they know that ....

........A picture is worth a thousand words.
Sometimes to present a problem a picture could be very helpfull since words may often cause misinterpretations and inappropriate answers.

LOL this is crazy! is this meant for me? coz, i've posted a lot of screen shots on this forum. without using the PC. i think you may misunderstand me. I post screen shots without e-mail. here's my way:

1. take screen shot
2. manipulate it (rotate, draw etc.)
3.upload to photobucket
4. post
always takes me less than 2 minutes :)

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photo bucket app is your best bet....
Once you've set up an account, logged in, your good to go...snap screenshot, open photo bucket, click upload, grab from saved pics...once uploaded click pictue and then link key where it automatically copies to clipboard. Open forum page and paste link you're done really is only few seconds. It would be nice if we could just file browse ala PC but we can't...
bf235ecc.png

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photo bucket app is your best bet....
Once you've set up an account, logged in, your good to go...snap screenshot, open photo bucket, click upload, grab from saved pics...once uploaded click pictue and then link key where it automatically copies to clipboard. Open forum page and paste link you're done really is only few seconds. It would be nice if we could just file browse ala PC but we can't...
bf235ecc.png

look at those flowers on that hood! cute!;)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just don't like those "freehand" circles and arrows, that's why I export them to Paint. I am just kinda weird that way! We all have our cross to bear!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL this is crazy! is this meant for me? coz, i've posted a lot of screen shots on this forum. without using the PC. i think you may misunderstand me. I post screen shots without e-mail. here's my way:

1. take screen shot
2. manipulate it (rotate, draw etc.)
3.upload to photobucket
4. post
always takes me less than 2 minutes :)

Exactly. I never the PC for this.

Most reactions

Latest posts