What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding images to a thread

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, but i wanted to add a printscreen of my ipad to show the problem.
Consequently my image was sitting on my ipad !
Reason for asking how to add an image "sitting" locally on my ipad to my thread.
Perhaps someone else have an idea on how to do it !

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To post a screen shot (something I do here frequently) I email the screen shot to myself.

ipad42.png

Once I have it, I manipulate the graphic as required. (Like adding circles and arrows!) I also usually reduce full screen shots to 75% of their original size. Once that is done, I post it on Photobucket (a free image hosting website) Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Once there, you use the IMG Code option for your picture that automatically wraps the link to your picture with the required
tags.

photobucket2.jpg

Good luck!

Last edited:

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you find an image on the web you like, for example I will search google images for something related to what I want to show..

If you press and hold on the image you can "copy" the pictures link code.

In a thread, just

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this is a function that should be looked at regarding the direct option of being able to include an img attachment to any thread or reply in this Forum.
Thanks to all who submitted answers but having to go through ... Saving-emailling to yourself-using imageshack, etc , etc ........ Is really from stone age !

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have to also use your PC to be able to add an image to a thread youre posting from your ipad, it will take more than 5 min. Moreover you should be able to add that image to a post or thread using ONLY your IPAD. After all that's the idea to only use your IPAD not 2 machines ! It's dum if you have to !

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think ~ I think...what Scott was saying...is that, and I do this too at times ~ he does it all on his ipad.

IF i am on my computer ~ I will email it to myself and grab it on my ipad to post.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have to also use your PC to be able to add an image to a thread youre posting from your ipad, it will take more than 5 min. Moreover you should be able to add that image to a post or thread using ONLY your IPAD. After all that's the idea to only use your IPAD not 2 machines ! It's dum if you have to !

We do! Who said they use their computer to post pics on the ipad?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things, posting screen shots to an Internet forum directly from an iPad is obviously not a priority for Apple at this point in the device's development. It is simply not one of the more widely used features of an iPad. Before I joined this forum 5 months ago, I never had an occasion to post a screen shot anywhere.

Perhaps if future generations of iPads have a camera built in, there may be a better way to export images, but for now, for those extremely rare times when you want to post a screen shot, these are the hoops through which you will need to jump. Sorry!

Last edited:

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm usually on here using my PC so I attach the picture to my post using the attachment option (paperclip).

Then I copy the link to that attachment to the clipboard, click the insert image icon, and paste in the URL to the attachment.

That is how I did it right now.

attachment.php

Michael

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 506

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things, posting screen shots to an Internet forum directly from an iPad is obviously not a priority for Apple at this point in the device's development. It is simply not one of the more widely used features of an iPad. Before I joined this forum 5 months ago, I never had an occasion to post a screen shot anywhere.

Perhaps if future generations of iPads have a camera built in, there may be a better way to export images, but for now, for those extremely rare times when you want to post a screen shot, these are the hoops through which you will need to jump. Sorry!

I think the confusion lies here in that you are talking about screenshots, he is talking about pictures, images.

Most reactions

Latest posts