What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding attachmens from within an e-mail

wi11iam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

Is there any way that I can add/include an attachment, from within an e-mail I am writing?

I know I can copy a photo and paste in an e-mail, or "send" a photo or file from it's originating app to an e-mail - but how an I "fetch" these files from within an e-mail I am already composing.
- this becomes a big problem when trying to include more than 1 document in an e-mail

Regards
William R.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to include multiple items then I have a workaround of sorts.

Save the required items to Dropbox then generate links from Dropbox and copy these into the email. This has the benefit of not requiring massive emails to be sent/received and the recipient can download the files at his/her leisure.

The Archangel

OP
W

wi11iam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Gabriel1, thing is though this would mean I would need the recipient to have access to my DropBox? It's a great idea if sending mails to myself, but unless I'm missing something, it isn't that feasible for doing business communications and the like?

Cheers
W

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wi11iam said:
Thanks Gabriel1, thing is though this would mean I would need the recipient to have access to my DropBox? It's a great idea if sending mails to myself, but unless I'm missing something, it isn't that feasible for doing business communications and the like?

Cheers
W

Well you can provide a password so that they can only access the files you want them to.

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you put the files in Dropbox's Public folder, no password is necessary. Just the link.

If you want to create and send links to entire folders (password protected or not) you can use Box.net.

Most reactions