What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a photo to iMessages?

Flybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes when I attempt to forward an iMessage with a photo, the little camera is available in the dialog box and other times it is not, making forwarding a photo more difficult.

omasa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Drag any file from somewhere like the Desktop or Finder window to the text entry field in Messages.
It will show as a highlighted item.
Click the space bar or add text then Send

Pictures sent this way should display In line.

Making the main Messages window bigger or smaller will have some scaling effect.
(iChat used to go as big as the window could be made)

You can also drag direct from iPhoto (if you have the Screen Space to see both side by side)

In some Apps you can highlight a pic and then chose the Share option.
This then gives you a list of methods to send it
For Messages it shows you a dialogue box with the item already place in it.
You then have to choose who to send it to.
From Preview.

OP
Flybob

Flybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I've been copying and pasting which works fine, just wondering why the camera icon shows some times and not sometimes causing me to to use other means to get the photo in the message!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I've been copying and pasting which works fine, just wondering why the camera icon shows some times and not sometimes causing me to to use other means to get the photo in the message!

It could be the app playing up for some reason.....try closing it completely and then relaunch it. If still no joy, try a reset of your iPad.

Let us know how you go.

And just in case you don't know -

From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. If you have updated to IOS7 - just swipe up on the image above the app icon to close it. If on an earlier OS - Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen.

Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Most reactions

Latest posts