What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a photo to facebook profile?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there-I find it the easiest to go on web version of Facebook to do this. Somehow, I could never find a direct way with using some the apps available.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can upload profile pictures from the iPad on the Facebook app. In the app in landscape press the tab which is 3 horizontal lines top left corner, the page will move to the right to reveal sections on the left. Press photos, select the photo you want, once it loads press the tab top right which is a box with an arrow and select Make Profile Picture. If you cant see the tab just tap top right and the tabs will appear. I'm assuming you already have photos on the app if you don't once you select photos press the + tab top right and you can take a photo, select from your camera roll or create an album. Hope this helps.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I keep forgetting the landscape option, leelai! Thanks for remembering that!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I keep forgetting the landscape option, leelai! Thanks for remembering that!

I wrangled with this one a while back, helps you to remember when you've had a hard time with something. But it is very simple.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had stopped using the app just for that reason...I will certainly go back and look at how easy it is. I like the app on my phone-uploads pics in a snap!

Erwaso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can upload profile pictures from the iPad on the Facebook app. In the app in landscape press the tab which is 3 horizontal lines top left corner, the page will move to the right to reveal sections on the left. Press photos, select the photo you want, once it loads press the tab top right which is a box with an arrow and select Make Profile Picture. If you cant see the tab just tap top right and the tabs will appear. I'm assuming you already have photos on the app if you don't once you select photos press the + tab top right and you can take a photo, select from your camera roll or create an album. Hope this helps.

It helps! Thanks!

elliefayeb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anybody help me? When I try to upload a photo to Facebook I click on photos and then the '+' sign. Then the drop down comes up, 'take photo or video' or 'choose from library'. I want to choose from library, but every time I click on it, it immediately goes back to the home screen! It's so annoying and I've done everything I know to sort it, reset my iPad and deleted and then installed the facebook app again but it still doesn't work! Please help! Thanks :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
elliefayeb said:
Can anybody help me? When I try to upload a photo to Facebook I click on photos and then the '+' sign. Then the drop down comes up, 'take photo or video' or 'choose from library'. I want to choose from library, but every time I click on it, it immediately goes back to the home screen! It's so annoying and I've done everything I know to sort it, reset my iPad and deleted and then installed the facebook app again but it still doesn't work! Please help! Thanks :)

Can you tell me which iPad you have?

iPad 2 3G 64gb

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
elliefayeb said:
I have iPad 2 16gb

I thought you might have had an ipad1 which would point to a ram issue causing the crashing...could also happen with an iPad 2 though, just more prevalent on an iPad 1.

Do you do any housekeeping on your iPad, if not might be an idea here and see if it makes a difference. Closing all apps completely regularly will clear up ram but I see you've done a reset which would have closed them also. So I'm thinking you may surf the net a lot and the iPad will keep a history and cookies of all sites visited. Go to Settings - Safari and clear your History and Cookies and data, if you would like to have a look at all the info the iPad keeps before doing this, go down and hit the Advanced tab then Website Data and Show All Sites. This is a list of every site you've ever been to and this uses littles bits of ram here which can quickly add up. So delete your History and Cookies and see if it makes a difference here. Let us know how you go.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Most reactions

Latest posts