What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a duplicate app

RoadWriter777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.jeraldjansen.com
I play Words for Friends on my iPad. My wife plays it on her iPod. When I am at work, she would like to play with my larger screen, but not on my
Words account. She wants to have her own game and its own app.

How do you load a second app? When I try, it says W4F is installed. I want to bypass that somehow.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cannot... You may be able to log out of WWF and let her log into her account, but in a single user iPad you cannot install run different copies of the same App.

-t

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I will show those guys at Apple. I will just have to buy another iPad. I should probably wait until iPad 3 comes out. Any word on that?:D

Yeah, that'll learn them durn Apple people! ;) Love your solution, though, as, I'm sure, so will your wife! :D

As far as the iPad3 is concerned, rumors and propaganda abound, with none of them worth any more than the other. The only thing that can be said with any surety is that Apple will release an iPad3 when they get to it.

Best guess is that they stick to the once-a-year refresh schedule, which gives you next March/April...

In other words - your guess is as good as anyone else's. Best thing ... just give your iPad to the wife ... you take the iPod. :D

Marilyn

Who really hopes RoadWriter knows she's just kidding in most of this post...

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This might not help much, but I have had 2 apps on mine, but one was ipad version, other was iphone version, but both worked on ipad, just had to zoom one of them, but that was also before last 3 updates so might not work for you now.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
R

RoadWriter777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.jeraldjansen.com
Well, I knew you were kidding, Marilyn. I would never do the switch with my wife. She already has too much power...and she can see the little apps and games better.

But now I am between Iraq and a hard place, not knowing if I should go with the iPad 2 now or wait an interminable (and undetermined) length of time for the iPad 3.

What to do, what to do (as I wring my hands)?

JJ

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I agree entirely with the previous poster - cannot be done.

Tim

... Without jailbreaking...

I was reading about a tweak called iUsers which let's you run multiple user accounts, including app settings.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's why I said single user iPad.

The multi user hacks will allow multiple copies of an application to be installed, but I've not tried it.

-t

DanLuc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
incapete said:
... Without jailbreaking...

I was reading about a tweak called iUsers which let's you run multiple user accounts, including app settings.

I installed iUsers on iPad 2... It took all my space, on removal found out that iTunes does not recognize my iPad anymore. Trying to restore iTunes allows me to restore only to iOS 4.3.4 which is not jailbroken. On top of that, a lot of junk still remains and had to delete some apps before I could use the ipad - due to lack of space.

Most reactions

Latest posts