What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added security for iPad

colfos24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to the forum! I was wondering.....does the iPad need added security? I am nervous about purchasing items online, for instance. Thanks!

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums!!

Unlike desktops and laptops, the iPad has no need for any antivirus or firewalls. Because of how the iOS is structured, everything is sandboxed and unless there are vulnerabilities in the iOS that allows you to do so, you cannot manipulate the iOS without physical access to the device. As for internet security, as long as you're running iOS 7.0.6 or above, you're fine as Apple has patched the SSL vulnerability that allowed hackers to bridge your connection to a webpage. For item purchases, if possible, use an app rather than through the mobile browser. Trade giants like Amazon and eBay have their own apps in which you can buy/sell/etc in a sandboxed environment, meaning no one can access it without physical access to the device.

Most reactions