What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add phone function to iPad mini

robocup555

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! I think that it is possible to add the phone function to the iPad Mini 3 G As it works with the SIM card. My purpose is to know how to make it running this function. I somebody can give some information about this subject, it would help. Of course it is not possible to use it as main phone but it could help people who have only one SIM card with Internet and call contract. It is always possible to run both phone and iPad the Internet with Hotspot Wifi. But in this case the 3 G isn't useful. I wish to phone and receive calls with the iPad when I'm using it. Thank you very much.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A stock iPad cannot be used as a phone. The cellular capability is for data only. There are various apps that will allow you to make calls, using the data connection.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi...I am moving this to the Help Section and out of the Polls section.

Thanks,

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

OP
R

robocup555

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Thank You for your reply. I know we can use an application to get calls, like Skype or whatever. I watched to this video from YouTube about cell calls from iPad mini 3 G. :
what you think about it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts