What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

add green text color in pages

said76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a word document made in word 2010 which has got some text in green. I'd like to move it to ipad 2 but there is no match green color in text color option in pages.

Just wonder if there is a way of adding green text color into pages. Is it possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Assuming you are using he newest version of Pages with iOS 5 (otherwise the process is similar, but not exactly the same):

Select the text you want to change. Tap the 'i' icon at the top right and go to the Style tab. Tap the font at the top of the inspector, then tap the Color option. There are two pages of colors to choose from. I'm afraid these are you only choices, though they do vary between different templates.

There is no direct way to choose your own colors. While I appreciate that Apple has gone to the trouble to make sure I can choose colors coordinated so that they look good in my document, I really wish they would let me override their choices, even if the result is ugly. What if I want it to be ugly? ;)

By experimenting I have found one interesting thing. I you copy a style from one document you can select text and paste into another document. It won't add the color to your palette, but it does let you change the text color from a different palette.

OP
S

said76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Assuming you are using he newest version of Pages with iOS 5 (otherwise the process is similar, but not exactly the same):

Select the text you want to change. Tap the 'i' icon at the top right and go to the Style tab. Tap the font at the top of the inspector, then tap the Color option. There are two pages of colors to choose from. I'm afraid these are you only choices, though they do vary between different templates.

There is no direct way to choose your own colors. While I appreciate that Apple has gone to the trouble to make sure I can choose colors coordinated so that they look good in my document, I really wish they would let me override their choices, even if the result is ugly. What if I want it to be ugly? ;)

By experimenting I have found one interesting thing. I you copy a style from one document you can select text and paste into another document. It won't add the color to your palette, but it does let you change the text color from a different palette.

Yep, agree with you and have already implemented it. Thanks for the useful ideas.

However, another things which is quite important that pages in iPad lacks of is bullet points for table. I can put bullet points to text so long as the text is outside the table. This is very painful as I need the bullet points to make a list for meeting minutes. I guess the more I use it I discover more things about what pages can do and it cannot do. I guess what the developers have got so far is amazing already. But just a bit frustrating when you need the basic tools and it's not available.

Just wonder if you have come across this issue - any alternative ways?

Many thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Afraid I'm not going to much help there. I have't had to take or give meeting notes for several years, and it wasn't a big part of my job even then.

If I was going to take notes, I wouldn't use Pages. There are dozens of note taking apps with pretty much every feature you can imagine; though not all the same app.

If I were designing some kind of meeting notes handout, decided to use Pages, and did not care for how tables were working; I would probable see what kind of layout I could creat using a combination of text shapes and columns. Without knowing exactly what you are trying to create I can't say how feasible that is, or how much work it would take.

Most reactions