Add audio file to iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by bookdoc, Mar 15, 2014.

1. bookdoc

bookdoc iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My iPad works fine and I have the new update. I've never been able to play a particular audio file (originally WMA format, just words, that I created) on the iPad unless it is connected to my Windows computer. I can see it in in the songs list of the iPad when it is connected to the computer but not otherwise. When I try to sync, the IPad says it isn't being recognized and that I must restore the original iPad settings, which I don't want to do since this would wipe out all the files. I have converted this audio file to the AAS format, whatever that it, but I'm really clutching at straws. Achieving this has been on my mind since I got the iPad nearly 3 years ago. Any suggestions? Thanks to all.
  2. chinajon

chinajon iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    AAS will not work on the iPad. Change the WMA file to one that will, such as mp3. iTunes on the PC can do that I believe, as will WavePad.
  3. bookdoc

bookdoc iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks!
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +899 / 0
    Well, not sure why you needed 3 years to realize that the audio format you are trying to play is not supported by the iPad, as already suggested - ;)

Below are the audio codecs playable on the iPad - simply google for a program that will convert your WMA (Windows Media Audio - Apple just is not going to give you a break here!) to MP3 or AAC, probably the easiest solution - let us know if this is not clear. Dave :)